QtSql

Help
2007-06-19
2012-10-30
  • xylometazolin
    xylometazolin
    2007-06-19

Hallo,

first thank you for developing this open source alternative to teamspeak. And thank you for using ALSA instead of OSS.

I have tried to compile mumble from svn source but I've got the following error message:
    speexbuild.pro:25: Unknown test function: CONFIG
    speexbuild.pro:30: Unknown test function: CONFIG
    speexbuild.pro:34: Unknown test function: CONFIG
    WARNING: Failure to find: bits.c
    WARNING: Failure to find: cb_search.c
    [...]
    cd speexbuild && make -f Makefile
    make[1]: Entering directory /home/stefan/software/mumble/speexbuild' make[1]: *** Keine Regel vorhanden, um das Target »bits.c«, benötigt von »bits.o«, zu erstellen. Schluss. make[1]: Leaving directory/home/stefan/software/mumble/speexbuild'
    make: *** [sub-speexbuild] Fehler 2

I found a solution in the FAQ: compile Qt with the flag "-qt-sql-sqlite".

Well, I'm using Debian sid and binary packages of Qt (version 4.2.3). If possible I don't want to compile Qt. There is also a Package named libqt4-sql which contains the "libQtSql.so.4.2.3". The package description tells me that this package includes support for PostgreSQL, MySQL, and SQLite databases.

Now to my questions:
    1. Do I really need to compile Qt myself?
    2. I want to use MySQL instead of SQLite. Is this possible?

Regards,
    Stefan

• You're compiling with qt3, not qt4. IIRC, qmake is called qmake4 or qmake-qt4 or something like that on Debian systems :) Also note that you'll need the -dev packages for Qt.

The SVN version allows any SQL system you wish, but I strongly recommend you use sqlite, as there are no user-servicable parts in the murmur database and sqlite is considerably faster than the other alternatives.

• xylometazolin
        xylometazolin
        2007-06-19

Thank you for your fast reply.

Now I'm using qmake-qt4 and the error has changed. Now I get the following message:

$ make
        cd speexbuild && make -f Makefile
        make[1]: Entering directory /home/stefan/software/mumble/speexbuild' make[1]: *** No rule to make targetbits.c', needed by bits.o'. Stop. make[1]: Leaving directory/home/stefan/software/mumble/speexbuild'
        make: *** [sub-speexbuild-make_default] Error 2

In the directory "speexbuild" I cannot find any .c file. What can I do?

Regards,
        Stefan

• Grab the svn/git version of Speex and put it in a directory called 'speex'.

• xylometazolin
            xylometazolin
            2007-06-19

Thank you.

Now I get this error:
            make[1]: Entering directory /home/stefan/software/mumble/src/mumble' make[1]: *** No rule to make targetmumble_en.qm', needed by `mumble'. Stop.

Thank you for your support and spending your time. I'm sorry for asking you question after question. Maybe there is a compiling howto for mumble to prevent my (silly) questions?

Regards,
            Stefan

• Dang. "That shouldn't happen".

This means the new build targets for automatically building language files aren't working.

Doing this:
              lupdate
              lrelease

should work.. Hmm. could you check if the tools are called something else for qt4 on debian? lupdate-qt4 or something?

• xylometazolin
                xylometazolin
                2007-06-19

Yes, you are right. Thanks again.

lupdate and lrelease are linking to the qt3 versions. To prevent further problems I have removed my qt3 development packages. Now all qt development programs links to qt4 versions.

Now it compiled successfully.

Thank you very much!

Regards,
                Stefan