Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Mumble started crashing on 26th

Help
2013-02-28
2013-07-11
  • Tatu Häkkinen
    Tatu Häkkinen
    2013-02-28

Hey folks,

As the topic said, my Mumble started crashing on 26th. I found out that Windows (7 in my case) had an update that day, so I figured it was something to do with that. Well, it wasn't. The update itself was something related to video side of things + trying with the rollback it didn't do any good. I had 1.2.3 installed. Uninstalled it, reinstalled it = didn't work anymore. Tried to install 1.2.4 = didn't work. It doesn't give any kind of error message, it just crashes right away. I've posted over a dozen error reports at this time, and I believe there will be a couple more as I'm trying to get it to work here. Nothing major or minor has changed with my PC in the past couple days so... I'm quite puzzled over this.

Any ideas, anyone?

• Tatu Häkkinen
    Tatu Häkkinen
    2013-03-01

Additional information:

Have sent around 30 error reports now to your way. Teamspeak 3 and Ventrilo working well, no problems encountered. Re-installing Mumble (1.2.3 or 1.2.4) isn't helping.

• Tatu Häkkinen
    Tatu Häkkinen
    2013-03-04

Update: Still not working. My headset broke this morning, bought a new one (Sennheiser in case someone would have pointed his/her finger towards that). TS3 and Ventrilo still working fine, 1.2.3 or 1.2.4 isn't. In my calculations I have sent around 50 error reports by now. Would love a solution right about now.

• Tatu Häkkinen
    Tatu Häkkinen
    2013-03-04

Update: For some reason Mumble starts when it's running on compatibility mode with Windows XP (SP3).... Then it decides to hit me with the error message "Opening chosen DirectSound Output failed. No audio will be heard.". This is something to do with XP I take it...? So, Mumble is running but isn't too stable. My friends can hear me at this point, but I can't hear them. Discussion is somewhat difficult.

• Ryan Mckimmins
    Ryan Mckimmins
    2013-05-05

I am having the exact same issue and it just started happening recently with no changes to the pc. It works in windows xp sp3 compatibility mode as well with the same results as you.

Tried 1.2.4 and reinstalled 1.2.3 many times
    Reinstalled my plantronics headset software
    Reinstalled nvidia driver
    System Restored back to where it was working with no luck
    Both positional audio and overlay are turned off

What else can I try to do?

Last edit: Ryan Mckimmins 2013-05-05
  • Same here, no idea what's changed but it doesn't even start now.

Any suggestions?

• Have any of you guys with this issue managed to get it working yet? Still no luck here.

• Ryan Mckimmins
      Ryan Mckimmins
      2013-06-11

After about 10 hours of trouble shooting I gave up. I have a 2nd laptop that mumble works on and I put a spare wireless keyboard on the ground. Set the space bar to push to talk and use my dang foot. Lame as heck but I have done and tried everything short of a complete OS reinstall.

• Stefan H.
    Stefan H.
    2013-06-11

Please submit a crash report using mumble 1.2.4 if possible. If you write what comment you set and what date you submitted on in here I'll take a look.

• Ryan Mckimmins
    Ryan Mckimmins
    2013-06-24

http://pastebin.com/PZ9u5xsY

Edit: I was able to get everything working again. Nothing different from last time I troubleshooted but this time it all worked.

-Uninstalled all graphic drivers
    -mumble worked and would stop working when nvidia was reinstalled
    -I reinstalled nvidia driver
    -reinstalled intel HD driver
    -turned back on laptop's optimus

So far so good.

Last edit: Ryan Mckimmins 2013-06-24
  • Edgar
    Edgar
    2013-07-11

I've been getting the mumble crash problem ever since I updated my nvidia drivers from 306.xx to any other higher up.