Can't connect to a specific mumble server

Help
Namz
2014-05-29
2014-05-29
  • Namz
    Namz
    2014-05-29

Hello, in the middle of a raid, I get the error that "Server connection failed: Connection timed out". I've tried remaking the channel, I can see the number of people on the server, but I just can't connect.

I tried logging onto other mumble servers and I managed to get on. I also did a tracert and found where I'm timing out. But now what do I do? How do I fix this?

Thanks

• mumblenz
    mumblenz
    2014-05-29

depending on where it is timing out, if its timing out at your isp, talk to them. Otherwise talk to whoever owns the server

• mumblenz
    mumblenz
    2014-05-29

you could have also been banned by IP?

• Namz
    Namz
    2014-05-29

I think it's my ISP. The path it takes to connect to the Chicago host stops on a particular IP address.

I tried to connect to Mumble on my phone at work which has a different provider, and I was able to connect with no issues.

How do I get around this?

• mumblenz
      mumblenz
      2014-05-29

call your ISP and ask if they are in charge of that IP range, if they are, tell them where its timing out and ask them to fix it. also if you have a dynamic IP, reboot your modem to get issued a new IP. The new IP may also give you a new route though your ISP's network, bypassing the dodgy server altogether.