Help
rmrfslash
2014-05-26
2014-05-31
  • rmrfslash
    rmrfslash
    2014-05-26

Hi all,

My murmur server is working and running great minus one minor annoyance. In the "Mumble Server Connect" dialog, I have my server saved under Favorites. Most other servers there have the "Ping" and "Users" fields filled out, mine does not. The server is running on the default port with TCP and UDP forwarded. Does anyone have any advice for me on what I need to do to make sure my server fills those fields out for clients that have saved it in their favorites?

Thanks!

• mumblenz
    mumblenz
    2014-05-26

whats you server hostname and ill check if i can see them.

• rmrfslash
    rmrfslash
    2014-05-26

I'd rather not post it here since I don't have a password setup at the moment. I'm sure no one can see them, I've verified with a few people who can see other servers' Ping and Users but not mine.

• mumblenz
    mumblenz
    2014-05-26

Fair enough. as long as you're sure its not just you that cant see them. Are both tcp and udp ports open? could you post a copy of your server logs? send them to me in a pm if you want, ill see if i can spot anything wrong.

• rmrfslash
    rmrfslash
    2014-05-27

Yep, both TCP and UDP are open for sure. The server is hosted on an AWS EC2 instance so the security settings are easily configured. I'll PM up the logs.

• mumblenz
    mumblenz
    2014-05-28

can you post those logs again sorry, i was a bit slow clicking the link and it expired.

• rmrfslash
    rmrfslash
    2014-05-30

Np, sent you another PM.

• mumblenz
      mumblenz
      2014-05-30

nothing looks out of the ordinary, and you have no issues with people connecting to it?

• mumblenz
    mumblenz
    2014-05-31

is the instance running any sort of firewall? aside from the ec2 security settings? cause you can forward a port through ec2 and still have it blocked by your instances firewall

• rmrfslash
    rmrfslash
    2014-05-31

Yep, people can connect just fine. Nope, no firewall on the actual instance other than the EC2 security group which has been opened.