Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Snapshot Test (14.8.2008)

McFly
2008-02-20
2012-10-30
  • McFly
    McFly
    2008-02-20

Hello,

after sucessfully compiling a binary for windows we also tested the actual Snapshot.
    Here our impressions:
    - It seems that mumble now runs more stable.
    - the voiceactivation feature has changed: With the Snapshot i have to drag the rulers full to right.
    Otherwise the client continuously sends to the server. Also the graph at the statisticpage shows more noise.
    - links are now italic: It's ok, but i would better to use another color or something else to make the links more visible.

If i get more userfeedback i will post it in this thread.

cu...

• McFly
      McFly
      2008-02-20

Sorry for the topic. I mean of course 14.2.2008.

cu...

• PeteSahad
      PeteSahad
      2008-02-21

Yap, I can confirm this behaviour.

Perfect settings in 1.1.2 let the client send continously in the 14.2.08 snapshot. Even with running the wizard again, the activation isn't as exact as it was in 1.1.2. It reacts a little bit nervous, like mcfly called it.

Helpful is the new name of the button "update", if you change details for a server. This was a little bit confusing in the last versions.

• This is due to a change in Speex -- we now use the (new) exported Speex API for determining speech probability in a frame. Speex uses a smaller range of SnR values to determine speech. Where Mumble used to say "this is SnR rate 1.372", Speex calls anything with SnR remotely approaching "there's something there" for 100% speech.

I'm talking to Jean-Marc and see if we find a better solution :)

• Just to clarify, did you mean:
      "The voice activation has changed AND the client send continously regardless of the rulers" or "Unless I drag the rulers to the right, the client will send continously"?