Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Can not connect to newly created Murmur Server

Corey Hall
2013-02-23
2013-02-23
  • Corey Hall
    Corey Hall
    2013-02-23

I recently went through the steps to create a murmur server but I'm having issues getting it to pop up on the public internet tab on Mumble. The server is showing on my LAN though. When I try to add new server with the correct label, address, and host name I get a mumble message saying that I can not connect and it has timed out. I open my murmur log and this what I see, "Registration: No DNS records found: Source-based callback failed. Server not reachable."

I've added the server to my router so that it can go through. My windows firewall is allowing it, and I don't believe I have anything else that would be blocking it. Anyone have an idea how I get this working?

• Corey Hall
    Corey Hall
    2013-02-23

Sorry, I posted this in the wrong discussion forum. I believe I got it to work though. Just waiting to see if my server pops up on the server list. Does the room stay open when I'm not in it?

• Corey Hall
    Corey Hall
    2013-02-23

So last bump, I swear. I can't find my room on the public internet list. How will I get it up there so my friend can join up?