Plz. more Userbility !!

2008-01-18
2012-10-30
  • Sorry for my bad english !

Mumble have no chance .... to complex.

How can I add users without SQL?
    Not everyone knows that!

Most clans and guilds use a simple solution.
    Teamspeak is much clearer and easier to manage. (or Ventrillo)

One reason why most prefer to M$ products.
    They are clearer and for "everyone"

It must be possible without SQL a clean Server to start.

As a user, you get the feeling that Mumble written for Linux users.
    But most games are only available for Windows!

I work for a hosting. Mumble is no alternative to Ventrillo or Teamspeak. Both can be set up within 10 minutes with all the right etc.
    A program for non-professionals must be accessible or there will be no great significance.

I am in 2 clans and guilds 3
    TF2, CS, Eq2, WoW, AoC

We have talked about several guilds Mumble entertained.
    The cost (time) is much too high to move from Teamspeak or Ventrillo on Mumble to change.

Please fits Mumble something more!
    It is a great program!

cu

Maldetair

• "And installing murmur on a linux box is really easy in most cases."

I have to disagree there :P It might be easy on deb/ubuntu, but it's not on other distros - if you want to do it right, at least.

• gabrielcz
      gabrielcz
      2008-01-18

please god, hi dont know, he is a good person. HELP HIM.

1) this is a sourceforge project, It means, the project is in dev rigth now
      2 who prefer M$ appz dude? not me.
      3) mumble client for windows its ok, but you think the world move arround with microsoft services? THE MOST interesting about tis project, is that we (ISP Game Providers) have a linux platafor to support windows clients, Itś free, its open....
      4) mumble can be a ventrilo or teamspeak alternative, couse ONE IS FREE AND THE OTHERS ARE PAYABLE... you now that ?? yes, if you whant to host a teamspeak OPEN server you must to pay, for what???? no support at all.
      5) about cost time... Im not agree, If you look for... you will see a WEB INTERFACE to create users, change passwd and all that stuff.

I undestand you point of view, but im not agree.

regards.

• gabrielcz
      gabrielcz
      2008-01-18

in point 4 I whould say that mumble IS NOT a ventrilo or teamspeak alternative, becouse you CANT comare them at all. :)
      itś funny to comapre opensource devs with payables.
      (my point of view)

• Pilot_51
        Pilot_51
        2008-01-20

I compared them without too much trouble: http://forums.pilot51.com/viewtopic.php?t=71
        It's a little outdated (Ventrilo 3 isn't compared), but it proves the point that Mumble can be compared to TeamSpeak and Ventrilo.

• I won't take the MS<->Linux or TS/Vent<->Mumble flamebait ;)

This might help you
      http://sourceforge.net/projects/murmurwebadmin/

BTW: Has there been a discussion about allowing superusers to create/delete/etc users via the Mumble client? This sounds quite reasonable to me and would increase enduser comfort greatly.

• M^3
      M^3
      2008-01-18

http://sourceforge.net/projects/murmurwebadmin/ requires the murmur admin to have both a properly configured php enabled webserver available to them and a customized config of murmur using mysql. This makes it less an option to people who want (or need) it to be easier to set up. The perl based option also seems unlikely (for windows users anyway) because (at least with activeperl) the DBUS modules aren't available on win32.

• Hi all,

I will not say that Mumble a bad one!
      But if a server is running on Windows brings a WebAdmin tool that nothing.

Most ISPs do not allow the Mumble server to install.
      Most clans have a Windows server, and can not begin with Mumble. (No management option)

cu

Maldetair

• > But if a server is running on Windows brings a WebAdmin tool that nothing.

You are right - the web admin tool seems to be unix only...

>Most ISPs do not allow the Mumble server to install.
        >Most clans have a Windows server, and can not begin with Mumble. (No management option)

I would no say that - all the clans I know use dedicated linux servers. And installing murmur on a linux box is really easy in most cases.