#944 changing PulseAudio channel number lets freeze mumble on connect


I was able to use mumble before I changed the PulseAudio Channel Number from 6 (analog-surround-51) to 2 (stereo).
Now on startup the following happens:
Window opens
I can select the server I want to connect to and click on “connect”.
* Mumble freezes

The output on the shell is the following:
$ mumble
G15LCDEngineUnix: Unable to connect to G15Daemon.
CELT bitstream 8000000b from libcelt071.so.0.0.0
CELT bitstream 80000010 from libcelt0.so.2.0.0
Locale is de_DE
Database SQLite: ""
WARNING The program 'mumble' uses the Apple Bonjour compatibility layer of Avahi.
WARNING Please fix your application to use the native API of Avahi!
WARNING For more information see http://0pointer.de/avahi-compat?s=libdns_sd&e=mumble
Overlay: Removing old socket on "/home/bastian/.MumbleOverlayPipe"
Overlay: Listening on "/home/bastian/.MumbleOverlayPipe"
GlobalShortcutX: Unable to open any keyboard input devices under /dev/input, falling back to XInput
GlobalShortcutX: Using XInput 2.0
GlobalShortcutX: XInput 4:Virtual core XTEST pointer
GlobalShortcutX: XInput 5:Virtual core XTEST keyboard
GlobalShortcutX: XInput 6:Power Button
GlobalShortcutX: XInput 7:Power Button
GlobalShortcutX: XInput 8:Sleep Button
GlobalShortcutX: XInput 9:Logitech USB Receiver
GlobalShortcutX: XInput 10:LITE-ON Technology USB NetVista Full Width Keyboard.
SocketRPC: Removing old socket on "/home/bastian/.MumbleSocket"
AudioInput: 40000 bits/s, 48000 hz, 480 sample CELT
PulseAudio: Starting input alsa_input.pci-0000_04_00.0.analog-mono
PulseAudio: Starting output: alsa_output.pci-0000_04_00.0.analog-surround-51
PulseAudio: Stream error: Entität nicht vorhanden
AudioInput: Initialized mixer for 1 channel 44100 hz mic and 0 channel 48000 hz echo
warning: The VAD has been replaced by a hack pending a complete rewrite
OpenSSL Support: 1 (OpenSSL 1.0.0j 10 May 2012)
SSL: Adding recommended CA UTN-USERFirst-Client Authentication and Email

“PulseAudio: Stream error: Entität nicht vorhanden” means “PulseAudio: Stream error: Entity not available”

After renaming the configuration file I was able to use Mumble again.

on Mageia 2:
$ uname -a
Linux localhost 3.3.8-desktop-2.mga2 #1 SMP Mon Jul 30 21:35:06 UTC 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Name : pulseaudio
Version : 2.0

Name : mumble
Version : 1.2.3
Release : 2.3.mga2

1 Attachments


  • OculusAquilae

    The configuration file I appended is the old configuration file, but I replaced possibly private information with “...”.