Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo
I upgraded to Windows 8 64bit and installed mumble.
The links posted on mumble channels does not work. I have to manually copy link and paste to browser.
I don't think the issue is related Windows 8. Links posted in the console, with both send message and chat bar, have not worked for me since I updated murmur to a recent snapshot(compiled on linux from commit 8fd27f62fcc I believe). I'm using Win7 snapshot client and most of my users are using the 1.2.3 with the same problem.
Try sending the link not via quickchatinput but via right click send message and make sure it is formatted as a link, as a linked link.
See if now it is clickable.
I am also fairly certain there is a separate Windows 8-specific bug.
Unable to reproduce with IE 10 as the default browser.
Chrome or Firefox as the default makes links unclickable.
Darkman ran some tests in a VM and according to him the only browser he could reproduce this issue with is the current Chrome stable. The issue is gone in beta.
@Mikkel Krautz: Does the issue still occur with current Firefox? If not I'd consider this a Chrome bug that is going to be fixed with their next release --> nothing for us to worry about.
It's very on and off. Last week, or two weeks ago, I tested whether the issue was with Qt or not. It turned out that with a mumble-developers-qt build, I could actually click links. This was on a system where links were previously broken.
Last Friday, on the date of Win 8's release, I upgraded my machine from Enterprise Eval to Win 8 Pro Retail. I installed my usual suite of apps, including Chrome and Mumble. With that setup, my links also worked fine. Mind you: This was with an old snapshot that did not have the 4.8.2 Qt from our own branch.
So, since we can't really identify what the problem is I'm hard-pressed to call it fixed, or just expect it to be. :(
Yeah, it seems to be with Chrome stable, just tested it with IE 10 and Chrome Beta as default, links are clickable in those, but not with Chrome stable. Cannot confirm with Firefox though, since I'm too lazy to install that.
I'm closing this as resolved. If it reoccurs even after Chrome beta went stable feel free to reopen.