Finally, the first stub of JDialer's mobile tools is complete and functional.
Actually it can only download the phonebook from a mobile device and add the numbers in the local phonebook if they aren't already present.
It won't be released soon, but if you want to try it, check this page: http://www.jdialer.net/info/daily.php
The main problem is that mobile devices are slow to respond, and while the program is awaiting for a respond, it doesn't do anything. Honestly, most of users would think it crashed.... read more
He didn't talk about linux. He talk about GNU/Linux, he was very clear about why whe should say GNU/Linux instead of linux.
I agree with him, so i will replace Linux with GNU/Linux in jdialer's home page.
After some irrilevant code changes, and some tests, JDialer now is able to use gnu.io package to access serial ports, instead of Sun's javax.comm
This migration is due to the bad support offered by Sun.
They retired the Windows version of the package (maybe to promote non-free solutions by other producers?) and the Linux version didn't run.
This is not a problem for JDialer. The new version (will be released within this week) will be able to run everywhere.
JDialer uses javacomm to interact with serial ports.
Version 2 of javacomm, produced by Sun, is released for Windows and Solaris only.
Rxtx.org is a project released under LGPL to let applications use javacomm on Mac and Linux too.
Lately Sun has released javacomm 3, for Solaris and Linux.
There is not a Windows version and I was unable to find the prev version on their site.
I've tried the linux one and it doesn't work.
I've tried combining the solaris version with rxtx and it doesn't work.... read more
The next release of JDialer (version 1.2.4_02) will be able to check if there are updates online.
This is the most visible change of this update, but not the only one.
The text importer\exporter in the phonebook has been improved, the layout of the search window has been changed and now the sort is no more case sensitive.
Installer wizard has been changed... but not so much. Now it is possible to install the jar package or the sources directly from the setup.... read more
Nic Thiele has discovered a bug. With this version of the jarfile, it will be impossible to dial any number and to modify the blacklist.
A patch is avaiable here
You'll need to replace the old jar file with the new one.
The bug doesn't affect versions not packaged inside a jar.
In the next release JDialer will use the Slava's Install Maker (known as jEdit's installer).
I am fixing up a few things to make JDialer and the installer combine, but seems this will take some time.
Now JDialer is able to manage locked numbers.
You can lock a number or a prefix.
The list of locked numbers is located in the same path of jdialer, so if users don't have write permission in that folder, the root will be the only one able to modify the list.
This feature will be present in the next release 1.2.4.
Actually it is present only in the daily source page http://www.jdialer.net/info/daily.php
Thanks to Adrien PICARDAT JDialer 1.2.3 supports French too.
To get more detalied informations about JDialer, now you can go to http://www.jdialer.net
Langpacks and help file are now encoded using UTF-8 but the data of the phonebook and the setting files are still saved using the old encoding.
I will fix the phonebook and the setting file within this week, without compromising the compatibility.
Now langpacks use the UTF-8 encoding. Prev released langpacks can't be used with this release.
Improved, icons are different and there is a splashscreen (thanks to Gabrielle Nowicki), some bugs about loading files are fixed.
Added a README file.
Now at the first run, if javax.comm isn't installed JDialer will crash before starting to save the settings file.
Prev release of JDialer 1.2.0.
A few of icons and graphic elemenst will be changed in the final version.
The window to show the help is ready. Supports a tree of topics and the search of one or more words in the text.
Less memory required for the popup menu.
Added popup menu in text fields.
Instead of saving the pbonebook file on each close, the file will be saved only if it has been changed.
Thanks to Roberto Diricio. He wrote an ini file to support this modem.
The ini will be part of the next release. If you need it now, visit his page
Today JDialer 1.1.0 was released: faster and more affordable!
Now, settings and phonebook are stored in a folder called ".JDialer" in the home directory, so different users will be able to have different settings and phonebook.
Added a timeout and removed a "Thread.sleep". I was using this one to give to the modem enough time to respond, but using the timeout this is no longer necessary.
So now if you have a good modem, JDialer will be faster initializing it.
If the serial port used isn't a modem, jdialer will not report anithing and the ModemSender class will not exit the loop, awaiting for the modem answer.
So for now you'd better configure manually by editing the ini file. I am working to add a timeout in the ModemSender class.
Added Dutch langpack 1.0.6
Marcel van der Laan
Luit van Drongelen