A new version is available that includes support for XMLRPC, REST, many improvements and bug fixes on the old version.
Also a whole new installer.
I've made a samll fix on setup program.
Now it also supports, .Net Framework 2.0 evelopment WebServer (former Cassini).
Now the new version is 1.0.1
New and stable runtime and design time version of MS.Services is available. There are a lot of new features and a much better installer in this version. We are currently using this code on our live environment on six web servers successfully.
I know it is hard to understand what this project does.
My main goal on the project was;
- Just select a stored procedure and make it available as a service over HTTP to the world
- The SP parameters, become the Web Request Parameters, which can be passed with GET or POST (and also SOAP requests)
- Do Basic-Authentication (via Database or AD)
- Log to some source (MAIL, File, Events, MSMQ etc) if needed,
- Do both client and server side caching,
- Enable "Compression"
- Provide help over HTTP
Finally I've had time to upload the source and binaries of MS.Services. Feel free to contact me at email@example.com for problems and advice. It is a pretty big system. It might be hard to configure and manage the system for the first time.