Help
bingo74
2007-07-24
2013-04-30
  • bingo74
    bingo74
    2007-07-24

hi,

sure i´m a newbie. i searched the net for quite a while and also this message board. haven´t found an answer yet.

my system:
    -Laptop with sound on board, freedos running on an usb drive, mp3 data also stored there
    -mpxplay version 1.55

this set works fine with many of my mp3 files but mpxplay refuses to play some of them (maybe 1/3).
    when mpxplay shows these files they appear in grey letters, whereas the playable appear in white. mpxplay says "no file" when the focus is on such a file. trying to play it, it says "can´t open audio decoder : mp3"
    it seems as if it does not recognize.

i´m thankful for comments, because i like this programm.

• dos386
    dos386
    2007-10-20

> my system:
    > Laptop with sound on board, freedos running

:-)

> when mpxplay shows these files they appear in grey letters
    > mpxplay says "no file" when the focus is on such a file.
    > trying to play it, it says "can´t open audio decoder : mp3"
    it seems as if it does not recognize.

If not yet fixed, please point us to such a guilty file download or upload one ... or mail privately to author.

• Mpxplay
    Mpxplay
    2007-10-23

I have thousand of MP3s, and I have no such problem...
    If you have such file, upload it to somewhere and send me the link, I'll test it.

But I don't think so that the MP3 files or Mpxplay is bad, rather the USB drive handling is buggy...

Some people also wrote, that Mpxplay doesn't work properly on ramdrive (mpxplay.ini save error), but I also have no such problem in MSDOS 7.xx with the original microsux ramdrive.sys ...

• Mpxplay
    Mpxplay
    2007-11-05

That ramdrive bug is not ramdrive bug...
    Just Mpxplay doesn't work properly (at least in 3 cases, inc. mpxplay.ini load/save)
    if we put it in the root directory...

btw. I'll upload a new alpha version to my Freewebtown page within 1-2 weeks
    (and this bug will be corrected in it + Intel HDA compatible audiochips handling)