Ogg Multichannel slow play...

2011-01-05
2013-04-30
  • Julián Alonso
    Julián Alonso
    2011-01-05

Hi, Mpxplay plays correctly ogg 4 channels, but files with 6, 7 and 8 channels listening to an audio playback slowly. (low pitch and speed) Here is an 8-channel file for testing. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SI1PLH90

• Mpxplay
    Mpxplay
    2011-01-05

Thnx, corrected. (added 6.1, 7.1 support to vorbis decoder)

• Julián Alonso
    Julián Alonso
    2011-01-06

ok, thanks!!!

• Julián Alonso
    Julián Alonso
    2011-01-06

Otherwise, it would be possible to add support for avi files 5.1 and 7.1?

• Mpxplay
    Mpxplay
    2011-01-06

AVI is a container. There's no channel limitation in my AVI demuxer (now I've checked again). The number of supported channels depends on the audio decoder only. Mpxplay surely can play AVIs with 5.1 AC3 audio. But none of my decoders (AC3, DTS and AAC neither) supports more than 5.1 channels (only Vorbis in the next release)…

• Mpxplay
    Mpxplay
    2011-01-06

And all of my multichannel decoders give stereo output only (we cannot play real 5.1 audio in the win32 version neither). Except Vorbis (if you play a 5.1 OGG-Vorbis sound with -oc 6 option in the win32 version, you get a real 5.1 sound)… I also plan to modify the other multichannel decoders (AAC,AC3, DTS), to play correct/complete 5.1 sound (to remove the built-in channel downmix)… But this is not on the top of my todo list…

• Mpxplay
    Mpxplay
    2011-01-06

btw. you said that the 6 (5.1) channel playing is also bad in the latest version, but the 5.1 vorbis decoding have to be good…
    Can you give me a 5.1 (bad) sample too?

• Julián Alonso
    Julián Alonso
    2011-01-09

Hi ogg 5.1 (6-chan) plays correctly. Thanks.
    This is a 6-chan oggvorvis file for testing http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EGS0CG9G
    As for the avi format, I had a file 7.1 (8-chan), but mpxplay cann't play.Nor is it necessary,
    I like to test the capabilities of multichannel audio MpxPlay to play, because sometimes I use in my studio editing.
    That is capable of decoding all channels in oggvorbis is more than enough. Thanks men!

• Mpxplay
    Mpxplay
    2011-01-09

We have to know the audio format of that avi file. VLC or MPC/FFDSHOW players can give information about this…
    because sometimes I use in my studio editing… hehe, I use Mpxplay to make Disco… :D
    capable of decoding all channels in oggvorbis is more than enough… just don't forget to set -oc 8 (in the next win32 release), this setting gives correct 7.1 and 5.1 playing too (I hope, it should)…