Mpxplay v1.57

Mpxplay
2009-06-23
2013-04-30
1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)
  • Mpxplay
    Mpxplay
    2009-06-23

I've turned the test version (with some small corrections) to an official release, because the further developments (like the SB X-Fi handling) take more time...

diffs between v1.57 alfa 1 and v1.56 final
    -new:
    -added Ensoniq ES1371/ES1373 (ENS) soundcard support to DOS version (sc_e1371.c)
    -modification:
    -(simple wide stereo) surround has changed to prologic surround (from MX_PLSUR.DLL) in mpxplay.exe (works in hq mode only) (fx_surr.c)
    -bugfixes:
    -more precise LFN to ID3 conversion (chkentry.c)
    -added/corrected some IHD board/card ids (sc_inthd.c)

• Mpxplay
      Mpxplay
      2009-07-05

Mpxplay v1.57 alfa 2 has been released.

diffs between v1.57 alfa 2 and alfa 1
      -new:
      -file back/rewind buffer (-bb,-bbm options) (control.c,mpxinbuf.c,display.c)
      -modifications:
      -desktop button Hq (HQ-mixer) has changed to Ln (loudness) (buttons.c,display.c,fx_tone.c)
      -removed -hq commandline option (use HQmode setting in mpxplay.ini) (control.c)
      -removed H-key (KeyHQmode1 and KeyHQmode2 are still exist, just have 0xffff setting) (keyboard.c, mpxplay.ini)
      -filecopy: new mode at copy from playlist (alt-F5): copy with subdirectory (create one more subdir level in target dir) (diskfile.c)
      -filecopy: new button to create target directory if it doesn't exist (in "copy without extension" window) (diskfile.c)
      -bugfixes:
      -false "Cannot save modifications in audio file!" message at F4 (chkentry.c)
      -no header (freq,bit,etc.) infos at program start (display.c)
      -case sensitive rename (ie: "ABC" to "abc") of directories (was "Cannot move to itself") (diskfile.c)
      -rename of parent/up directory of currently playing file (was "Couldn't rename file") (diskfile.c)
      -auto filename sort is now disabled at manual copy (like F5) to directory browser (keyboard.c, sortlist.c)
      -minor drive handling (mscd,filefind,get_volumelabel) modifications (cd_mscd.c,drivehand.c)
      -ID3v2 writing (shorter tags (without trailing zero), added missing error message at lost of tags) (tagging.c)
      -UTF8 reading/decoding (textconv.c)
      -Intel HDA config (added more delays for freq change) (sc_inthd.c)

• Julián Alonso
        Julián Alonso
        2009-07-07

hello, it was a time without connecting to intertet, and I could not download the alpha 1 mpxplay (dos4g, dos32a, windows and source code) could send them to my mail: julian775@gmail.com
        Thanks men!

Now I'm producing audio files in .voc and .vqf, I will upload then.

• Julián Alonso
        Julián Alonso
        2009-07-09

_                    It would be nice to place another new option in the key ''a'' to change the
                _|   |_                 analizer. The ''matrix color'' (I say so myself ;-) to be a little more, but a
             _|          |_             think it would be very well aesthetically........ I would like to place it in
          _|                |_          version for DOS but it would be possible in the Windows version,
        |_                  _|         there are those who use it in full screen mode, so you could
            |_            _|            display correctly, It would be great to add this option to
               |_      _|               display something other than characteristic analizer ;-D
                   | _|                  If this is possible :-)

This would be a good change in the LCD Mpxplay.

• Julián Alonso
      Julián Alonso
      2009-07-09

Something like this:
      http://www.imaxenes.com/imagen/mpxplay_anliser1zv65fd.png.html
      Edit this picture looks very good right? :-)

• Mpxplay
    Mpxplay
    2009-09-14

diffs between v1.57 alfa 3 and alfa 2
    -new ptions:
    -mxlo NUM : volume limiter overflow value (0-18 dB) (def: 0) (mx_volum.c, control.c)
    -mxmd NUM : mute volume divisor (1-999) (def:8) (mx_volum.c,control.c)

-modifiactions:
    -UseVariables=3 is the default setting in mpxplay.ini (program saves the desktop/mixer settings in mpxplay.ini)
    -gray-'/','*' and 'A-','A+' buttons (step-back-album and step-forward-album) work like ctrl-gray-'/','*' (search paralell dir) in directories (keyboard.c)
    -no crossfade between continuous indexes at end of song (end point of curr index = start point of next index -> fade-out process doesn't start) (mpxplay.c)

-bugfixes:
    -program can handle structure modifications in the  section of mpxplay.ini at UseVariables=3 (but still not recommended to break the structure/fields/coloumns) (control.c)
    -mute ('m'-key) in win32 version (timer problems) (mx_volum.c)
    -mute + limiter + highvolume (mute had no effect) (mx_volum.c)
    -LFN to ID3 (updir is not album if there's no tracknumber) (chkentry.c)
    -corrected pds_ftoi (caused small incorrect calculations in some functions, ie: in limiter) (newfunc.h)
    -minor multithread (win32) fixes in mixer (au_mixer.c, mx_volum.c)

List item

• Cthulhux
    Cthulhux
    2009-09-14

lol, ok

• Mpxplay
    Mpxplay
    2009-09-15

The brand new sf.net doesn't know the end-of-line character…

• Cthulhux
    Cthulhux
    2009-09-15

Did you report that? :)

• Rajesh
    Rajesh
    2009-10-18

Hi

Could you tell me where I can find the alpha releases of mpxplay?

v1.56 reported my Soundcard as,
    IHD Intel ICH8 (8086284B) Unknown (83847616) (max 192kHz/32bit?/2ch).

And I do not get sound, though it shows it to be playing.

So I thought I would try the v1.57 alpha.

Thanks.

• Julián Alonso
    Julián Alonso
    2009-10-19

'' The account owner has to reactivate his/her account''
    can view the page :-(

• Mpxplay
    Mpxplay
    2009-10-19

Thanks!
    The  page works again, but I cannot update it yet (it still ask for activation after logging in)… :( 
    But still don't wait any serious development from me. The next release will be just a maintenance release… (if I will able to upload it)

: http://www.freewebtown.com/mpxplay

• dos386
    dos386
    2009-10-21

Mpxplay wrote:

> diffs between v1.57 alfa 3 and alfa 2 -new ptions: -mxlo

> The http://www.freewebtown.com/mpxplay page works again, but
    > I cannot update it yet (it still ask for activation after logging in)

What's obsolete ? It has 1.57a3 2009-09-14 (and 1.56b3 2009-02-15 of the "T" version).

> But still don't wait any serious development from me.
    > The next release will be just a maintenance release…

It isn't horribly broken. Some people complain about the HDA support
    working on some PC's only. Also, as I IIRC already had suggested, some non-critical subminor things:

- Report exact version and date "1.57a4 2009-12-31" rather than just "1.57"

- When EOF, report just "EOF" in suitable colour rather than the sinking buffer %% getting RED when dropping below 20%

- Built-in screenshot feature for DOS :-)

• Mpxplay
    Mpxplay
    2009-12-07

Mpxplay v1.57 alfa 4 has ben released with some bugfixes.
    Use this version rather than v1.56 final. (v1.57a4 is the recommended version now)

After 3 monthes the forum of sf.net is still bad… Nice…

Diffs between v1.57 alfa 4 and alfa 3
         -bugfixes:
          -APETag write (wrong/shorter tag-lens at APETAGv2) (tagging.c)
          -file-move update in playlist (filename is always renamed in playlist at move, never removed) (diskfile.c)
          -"sound freezing" (no sound) at surround + bad audio file (a short and loud click could kill the surround process) (fx_plsur.c)
          -alt-'+' : if filename/metadata is shorter than select-mask (wildchar_cmp in string.c)
          -saving and loading CUE at non sequential indexes (better handling of INDEX EE and LENGTH commands) (loadlist.c,savelist.c)
          -mxlo: wrong dB to linear calculation (mx_volum.c)
          -display bug at -bb + -fe (fullscreen editor) (display.c)

• Mpxplay
    Mpxplay
    2010-01-09

Mpxplay v1.57 beta has been released on http://www.freewebtown.com/mpxplay.
    I've also compiled a new WATT32 (DOS/TCPIP) version using WATT32 2.2 dev rel 10. I did try the ftp-client on our network, but it doesn't work. Has anybody success with it? (Only the win32 version works properly at me)
    I've made a small testprogram too, WATT32 says something "pkt-error: bad sync" at connect() function when I want to connect to the server. Any idea? Maybe the watt32 and my packet driver are not compatible?

diffs between v1.57 alfa 4 and beta
    -new:
    -added SSL/TLS (ftps,ftpes) support to FTP-client with OpenSSL library/dlls (in win32 version only) (drv_ftp.c)
    -option: -drfc NUM : FTP-client configuration (NUM: +1 use passive mode, +2 auto reconnect, +4 use UTF8 filenames, default=3) (drv_ftp.c, control.c)
    -modifications:
    -FTP-client uses passive mode, does auto-reconnect if connection losts, and doesn't use utf8 filenames by default (drv_ftp.c)
    -added auto-retry (window) to FTP-client (virtual drive) open (ctrl-'f') (loaddir.c)
    -file output (-o) + indexed files (CUE): -oni option is automatically enabled (mpxplay.c)
    -CUE loading: main PERFORMER is used for track-performer if the latter not exists (sometimes this is not good, but it's the correct way) (loadlist.c)
    -bugfixes:
    -better/gapless file output (-o) at indexed files (mpxplay.c)
    -editor refresh at skip album back/forward in directories in -inl,-ihl modes (chkentry.c)
    -ctrl-enter in pause mode (to change playside only pressing it on a non-audio file) (skiplist.c)
    -unknown chars at unicode to char conversion ('?' changed to '_' to avoid wrong filenames at -8f) (textconv.c)

• dos386
    dos386
    2010-01-13

> I've also compiled a new WATT32 (DOS/TCPIP) version using WATT32 2.2 dev rel 10.
    > I did try the ftp-client on our network, but it doesn't work. Has anybody success with it?
    > (Only the win32 version works properly at me)
    > I've made a small testprogram too, WATT32 says something "pkt-error: bad sync" at
    > connect() function when I want to connect to the server. Any idea? Maybe the watt32
    > and my packet driver are not compatible?

Great … I haven't used the FTP in MPXPLAY yet. How to use / test ? I'm going to download and look into the package …

• Mpxplay
    Mpxplay
    2010-01-15

Maybe my wattcp.cfg file is not correct (something is missing). You can find a complete (much longer) wattcp.cfg file in the original watt32 package or in the DOS version of Lynx. If somebody is familiar in those settings, please share with us the required/mandatory lines…

• dos386
    dos386
    2010-01-15

> Maybe my wattcp.cfg file is not correct (something is missing).

> my_ip=5.191.251.21

Fixed ???

> netmask=255.255.252.0
    > gateway=5.191.255.254
    > tcp.timer.close_to=100
    > tcp.timer.open_to=100

> You can find a complete (much longer) 
    > wattcp.cfg file in the original watt32 package or in the DOS version of Lynx

Lynx didn't work for me, but DosLynx does … after I replace "BOOTP" with "DHCP" :-)

But how to use/test this WATT32 (DOS/TCPIP) version ? What can / should one do with it to test ?

• Mpxplay
    Mpxplay
    2010-01-16

In my test (network) environment I used fix ip address(es). But in the original wattcp.cfg file there are something WINS and DNS server config possibilities, so maybe it's not mandatory to use fix ip address… But I don't know…
    What to test?
    1. First If you have a correct wattcp.cfg file (ie: from Lynx), copy it to the mpxplay.exe
    2. Start Mpxplay, press CTRL-F to open an FTP session. You can write normal url names too, not only ip addresses. Write the username and the password in the same line, but you get an example address when the window opens, so I hope that will not cause problem. Oh, of course, you need an access to an ftp server… :)
    Currently the program writes the error messages in the id3-window, I get "FTP: no connection to the server" there…

Later I plan to add HTTP handling too, that's missing yet…

• Mpxplay
    Mpxplay
    2010-01-17

btw. I've made a couple of modifications/bugfixes on the last week (especially around the ftp part), so I will upload a beta 2 soon…

• dos386
    dos386
    2010-01-24

> In my test (network) environment I used fix ip address(es).
    > But in the original wattcp.cfg file there are something WINS and DNS server config possibilities,
    > so maybe it's not mandatory to use fix ip address… But I don't know

I'm using DHCP with Arachne, DosLynx and OWB (via HX using wattcp.cfg).

http://www.bttr-software.de/forum/forum_entry.php?id=7656

> 2. Start Mpxplay, press CTRL-F to open an FTP session. You can write normal url
    > names too, not only ip addresses. Write the username and the password in the
    > same line, but you get an example address when the window opens, so I hope
    > that will not cause problem. Oh, of course, you need an access to an ftp server… 

So I can / should download (or only play ???) bloated files form public FTP servers ?

> Later I plan to add HTTP handling too, that's missing yet… 

COOL. Arachne is dead, long life to MPXPLAY DOS browser :-)

> btw. I've made a couple of modifications/bugfixes on the last week
    > (especially around the ftp part), so I will upload a beta 2 soon…

Then I'll test it finally (not done yet, I've been offline and busy :-( ).

• Mpxplay
    Mpxplay
    2010-01-25

> So I can / should download (or only play ???) bloated files form public FTP servers ?

If you open an ftp session with Mpxplay (using ctrl-f), then you get a new drive letter, begining with a number ( 0:\ ).
    You can use that drive and files on that drive, like on a local drive. You can play files, seek, or copy with alt-F5. So, if you want to play files, no need to download/copy them to a local drive.
    The only one thing which doesn't work: id3 tag editing (F4), because there's no ftp command to modify a file on ftp server. I should handle this like Total commander (download file, edit, upload back), but it's complicate in my drive handling structure…

• Mpxplay
    Mpxplay
    2010-02-06

Mpxplay v1.57 beta 2 has been released on http://www.freewebtown.com/mpxplay

diffs between v1.57 beta 2 and beta 1
    -new/modifications:
    -sort: new key: filedate (-io 12) (but doesn't work at playlists, only at drive/dir scan) (sortlist.c, chkentry.c)
    -DesktopMode: new function: 18. display date of directories in directory browser (display.c, loaddir.c)
    -playlist-save (F2): new switches () to configure playlist format: UTF text encoding (type is depending on the original format too), fullpath for remote and fullpath for all filenames (savelist.c, textwin.c)
    -FTP: filenames in playlist and in commandline with leading "ftp:" (or ftps,ftpes) are opened by the ftp-client (it opens a hidden session for the filename if cannot assign it to an existent one) (drv_ftp.c, chkentry.c, loaddir.c, playlist.c, string.c)
    -FTP: saving playlist with ftpdrive-filenames (like "0:\subdir\filename") to an other/local drive, filenames will contain the complete ftp-path (ftp://user:pass@server/subdir/filename) (M3U,CUE only) (savelist.c, drv_ftp.c)
    -FTP: program gives back the server error responses in the id3-window (drv_ftp.c)
    -50 lines mode handling with -fs option (alt-F9 has nothing effect under WinXP at 50 lines, now it reduces the analyser/buttons field) (display.c)
    -bugfixes:
    -FTP: UTF8 switch-off didn't disable the UTF8 on the server side (-drfc 3 has no real effect) (drv_ftp.c)
    -FTP: displaying of file-time at F3 (it works in a visible ftp-session only, doesn't work at ftp-files in playlist) (string.c)
    -FLAC: handling (skiping) of id3v2 header (couldn't play such files) (in_flac.c)
    -MP3: skiping zeroes (max 256kbytes) at the begin of file (better xing-vbr handling and song-length calculation) (in_mp3.c)
    -OGG: shorter file detection (not till the end of file) (caused very slow autodetection at unknown files) (in_ogg.c)
    -PLS list loading (loadlist.c)
    -startup: song position restore for single files in the (default) StartupEnabled=+16 mode (startup.c)
    -MXU save: UTF text encoding is always disabled (MXU field selector problem) (savelist.c)
    -reseting entry(s) status (unknown/notexists) pressing enter on it (reseting all entries, if all were unknown (and couldn't play anything) -> no need to press ctrl-r to reset playlist entries if media was missing at play start) (chkentry.c, skiplist.c, mpxplay.c)
    -handled some sort/display bugs by added some auto-keys (sort by path\file and index after user-keys) (sortlist.c)
    -manual playlist load & auto playlist save/restore conflict (starting mpxplay with and without listfile argument) (savelist.c, chkentry.c, playlist.h)
    -id3v2 genre number handling (not only "(num)", "num" format too) (tagging.c)
    -CUE and file id3info mixing in non -bp mode (ie: CUE input + encoder-file output with -oat) (skiplist.c)
    -rename-by-id3 function (ctrl-e) with prefer-lists option (Loadid3tag+8) (ie: file rename using an extm3u playlist) (diskfile.c)
    -reopening input file after file/dir move/rename fault (diskfile.c)
    -faster playlist editor refresh at file checking (when sort is disabled) (has visible effect in win32/windowed mode with -ipl option) (display.c, chkentry.c)
    -win32: faster spectrum analyser, volume indicator and id3-scroll (faster surface) (display.c, textdisp.c)

• dos386
    dos386
    2010-02-07

COOL :-) So the FTP is fixed for DOS now ? Are there some public FTP servers with audio files on them ?

• dos386
    dos386
    2010-02-07

Found one: ftp://ftp.inet.no/pub/OpenBSD/songs/

But it doesn't work :-(

BUG's ( used WATTCP.CFG from HX fixing the "DHCP-BUG" http://www.bttr-software.de/forum/forum_entry.php?id=7656 ) :

1. Can connect to the server but doesn't find any files "no files" - is it supposed to see non-audio files also ?

2. Backs slashes -> ftp.inet.no\pub\OpenBSD\songs\ - apparently bad :-( 

3. Doesn't find the server if "ftp://" is not entered …

4. Asks for password when "up-dir" is clicked 

5. A strange server is preselected and I don't see it in MPXPLAY.INI - is it hardcoded in the source ?

1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)