Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

New CVS version

Help
2005-07-13
2013-05-13
  • Martin Paquet
    Martin Paquet
    2005-07-13

Ahum...  Wow!

Multiple modules and components.  This is nice and interesting.

I was able to configure and make despite the missing "install.sh.in" which I created empty otherwise configure didn't work.  Since I install the plugin with my own script I presume that using the above file empty causes no harm.  Am I right?

Thanks for the good work.

• Kevin DeKorte
      Kevin DeKorte
      2005-07-13

Martin,

That was done to make mplayerplug-in compatible with Google Video when Firefox reaches 1.1 (assuming the javascript is fixed). BTW, the missing install.sh.in is now in CVS. Take a look at the generated install.sh and if you could send me the script you use, that might be useful as well.

Kevin

• Martin Paquet
      Martin Paquet
      2005-07-13

Got it.  Thanks.

I've looked at the new install script and tried it.  As for previous versions, it doesn't find Mozilla's home location for a system wide install which is the way I've always installed the plugin so far.  So I use a dirty "copy from-to" script instead.  Really lowball stuff not worth your time believe me. 

System wide install used to work when I was using Redhat or Mandrake.  However I have since settled for Slackware and for some reason, system wide install doesn't work with this configuration either with the old or new install scripts.

The new install script does works very well for user install though.  Think I'll use that option from now on.

One last note about "make clean".  I noticed it doesn't remove the newer mplayerplug-in-* modules and components.

Thanks.

• Kevin DeKorte
      Kevin DeKorte
      2005-07-27

I think you want "make uninstall"

Make clean is used for cleaning up the build directory.

• Martin Paquet
      Martin Paquet
      2005-07-28

No I meant that "make clean" missed deleting some modules and components in the build directory but that's fixed now.