Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Problem playing HD trailer

Help
2005-12-08
2013-05-13
  • Luuk Mulder
    Luuk Mulder
    2005-12-08

Hi,

Thank you very much for this wonderful plugin! However, I do have strange problem when I try to play: http://movies.apple.com/movies/universal/king_kong/king_kong-alookinside_h480p.mov

The trailer seems to get stuck somehow (after 17 seconds). It plays alright when I play it in Mplayer (cvs version from 2 weeks ago). Any idea what could be wrong? I compiled mplayerplug-in myself (GTK2 2.6). I'm using Firefox 1.5

--Luuk Mulder

• Kevin DeKorte
      Kevin DeKorte
      2005-12-08

Right click and select configuration and set the cache size over 2000 or edit mplayerplug-in.conf (see the configuration tab on the website) and set cachesize=2000 and try it again...

• Luuk Mulder
      Luuk Mulder
      2005-12-09

Kevin, thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately it didn't solve the problem, so I played the movie again with debug on. It seems there's something wrong with the trailer itself (error while decoding frame) this causes the movie to rewind (resetting stream, 1 sec rewind).  But since the next time the decoding fails again I don't get any further (another 1 sec rewind...) By using the slider, however, I can skip this part of the movie, the rest of the movie plays OK.

So it's not a problem with the plugin, but with the movie itself..
      Thanks for your help!
      --regards,  Luuk

• Kevin DeKorte
        Kevin DeKorte
        2005-12-09

Luuk,

Great I'm glad you got it to work...

• Kevin DeKorte
      Kevin DeKorte
      2005-12-09

Luuk,

Just an FYI, but using mplayer from CVS (as of today) I was able to get video to play without any problems. So maybe you want to update mplayer on your system.

• Luuk Mulder
      Luuk Mulder
      2005-12-09

Kevin, thanks, I'll rebuild Mplayer from CVS and will try again..

• Luuk Mulder
      Luuk Mulder
      2005-12-10

Hi Kevin, I just recompiled Mlayer (including latest ffmpeg) from CVS. When I play the URL in Mplayer I don't get stuck, but when I play it using mplayerplug-in it keeps rewinding 1 sec for every error (and so it doesn't get any further).
      I think the difference is that Mplayer does not rewind after a faulty frame and the plugin does;-)
      It's not really that important...most of the other Quicktime HD trailers play perfectly!

--Luuk

• Serge Matovic
      Serge Matovic
      2005-12-24

Hi Luuk.  I can play the trailer with (almost) no problem.  The only thing is that the sound and video are not in sync, i.e., the sound is playing in normal speed but the video is like in slow motion. But both, video and sound are smooth.

I know that this is not the mplayerplug-in fault.  I'll have to troubleshoot this a bit more. Maybe it's my hardware. I have a 1.1 GHz PIII, and a high speed internet access (3 Mbits/sec).

Any comments on my problem would be appreciated.

Best regards,
      serge.