www.24trailer.com

Help
2006-10-29
2013-05-13
  • Is there a regression in mplayerplug-in 3.31?

I can view the video at the www.24trailer.com website fine with mplayerplug-in 3.17, but with 3.31 it just keeps looping.

Any ideas?

• Kevin DeKorte
      Kevin DeKorte
      2006-10-30

well it is actually no a regression, the plugin is just processing all the files that the site makes available. All of the media streams, there are three, all have mirror sites and so the plugin in is playing all of the mirror sites for each of the three streams. So while annoying, the plugin currently doesn't know how to handle the mirror sites. I'll see if there is a way to detect this and fix it.

• Kevin DeKorte
        Kevin DeKorte
        2006-10-30

I have done some work with the CVS code and I believe this works as it should now.

• Thanks for taking a look at this!

Curiously, I just pulled down CVS, and it's still not working for me.
      If I put "vo=x11" in mplayerplug-in.conf, it works, but it won't work with default settings or "vo=xv"

All other sites seem to work fine with xv...this is the only one that needs x11 to display.

Any ideas?

• Kevin DeKorte
        Kevin DeKorte
        2006-10-31

vo xv was broken in mplayer 1.0pre8. I have opened a bug on it, but it was ignored and no one on the mplayer mailing list is willing to look at it or fix it.

• ah yes...I just saw your posts on the mplayer list.

I'll look into the bug when I get a chance.

• This is the patch that breaks xv:

http://svn.mplayerhq.hu/mplayer/trunk/libvo/vo_xv.c?r1=15213&r2=15541

I have opened a bug for this issue here:

http://bugzilla.mplayerhq.hu/show_bug.cgi?id=617

Any ideas on how to get this fixed?

Marc.

• I pulled down CVS with the workaround you introduced. Unfortunately, I still get Signal 8 crashes when using xv. :(

Marc.

• Kevin DeKorte
        Kevin DeKorte
        2006-11-04

Did you apply any patches to the mplayer tree? I have had no problems with any XV content that actually works since I've made my patches.

• I am running mplayer 1.0rc1. I had patched it to remove the patch that broke xv, but when I noticed you updated mplayerplug-in, I compiled it, and re-installed vanilla mplayer 1.0rc1.

Unfortunately, I still have the xv problem. It looks like a timing problem, which may explain why it works for you, but not for me.