Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

no context-sensitive menu / buffering

Help
irrevenant
2006-09-17
2013-05-13
  • irrevenant
    irrevenant
    2006-09-17

Following previous problems I completely removed the mplayer-mozilla package and reinstalled it.  After that, I get video in the plugin (yay!).

However, I used to have a right-click menu on the video to configure things like buffering.  I really need to crank up the buffering 'cos it's stuttering something awful.  (video on my HDD runs fine so I'm pretty sure it's the buffering).

Can anyone please tell me how to activate the menu or, failing that, how to activate buffering?

Thanks.

• irrevenant
      irrevenant
      2006-09-17

Correction: The configuration menu is still available in Firefox, but not in Epiphany or Galeon.

I'm running under KDE if that matters.

• Kevin DeKorte
        Kevin DeKorte
        2006-09-17

I'm guessing you recompiled it yourself. I'm also guessing that you didn't compile it with GTK2 mode and that is why you are not getting the menu. Please read the install guide.

http://mplayerplug-in.sourceforge.net/install.php

• irrevenant
          irrevenant
          2006-09-17

I used the standard packages for everything (I only compile something if there isn't a Debian package for it, and that's not the case for anything even vaguely related to mplayer-plugin).

Also, it's working fine in Firefox - if it were compiled wrongly wouldn't it work poorly there too?

• Kevin DeKorte
            Kevin DeKorte
            2006-09-17

Yup, if it were wrong it would be wrong in both firefox and epiphany..

I can't run epiphany at the moment as it is broken in Fedora Development with the new firefox that was pushed out the other day. Otherwise I would test it.

• irrevenant
              irrevenant
              2006-09-17

I've reported it to Debian now.  I'm running Testing so it's possible that it's already fixed in Unstable (which makes Testing kind of a misnomer :/).

Thanks for all your help.

• Kevin DeKorte
                Kevin DeKorte
                2006-09-19

BTW, I was able to test in epiphany and I do not have any problems with the right mouse button menu on FC6.