the next major (well, actually minor, if one does respect the numbering scheme) release of mpg123 is out!
Here is a rough list of the goodies:
- libmpg123 API version 36 (see NEWS.libmpg123)
- Add --ignore-streamlength.
- But also deal with concatenated (Frankenstein) streams: Not applying gapless cutting once we're over the announced number of frames.
- Add --lyrics for printout of lyrics (from USLT in ID3v2).
- Added handling of SIGUSR1 and SIGUSER2 to terminal control code, configurable via --ctrlusr1 and --ctrlusr2.
- Some low-level API added (mpg123_framedata(), mpg123_framepos(), buffering and resampling control).
- Added info about input buffer fill to mpg123_getstate().
- ReplayGain: Try to detect LAME below 3.95 for the different reference level of 83 dB (adding preamp of 6 dB). Version 3.95 itself (not 3.95.1) I cannot detect. User-set gain values are not touched.
- Keep silent about missing bit reservoir when ignoring frames. That is the whole point (mostly;-).
- Add the new/old WRITE_SAMPLE variant from MPlayer that makes the generic decoder faster on older CPUs (x86 at least). Not on x86-64, though (it's not enabled per default there).
- Handle out-of-disk in the file writers (a bit, see http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=67259)
- Added Xcode project files to build libmpg123 on Mac OS and iOS
- 32 bit output for sndio output (patch by Brad Smith).
- Remote control interface knows LOADLIST command now.
- Now freeing meta data memory after printout.
- Some documentation cleanup, including manpage fixes by quadrispro.
- Re-enabled wildcard expansion on Windows (been broken by unicode file name support).
- Fix MMX tabinit syntax (thanks to Marcel Müller for pointing that out).
- Fix SGI audio output (been broken since change to modules).
- Fix some fringe behaviour (mpg123_getformat() triggering needless reading of next frame, possibly hitting bogus MPG123_NEED_MORE).
- Resync limit now also serves to increase amount of skipped junk on beginning.
- Better separation of stream end and read error (in case there is no stream opened, even).
- Don't always complain about failed free format header search (only with verbosity level 3).
Get it while it's hot: http://mpg123.org/download.shtml