Menu

[eh] unsupported text encoding for APIC frame in ID3V2 tag

Anonymous
2013-10-18
2015-10-22
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2013-10-18

If you save a picture in the APIC frame of an mp3 as UTF-16, MP3 Diags report such a file with the information codes [eb] and [eh].

There is NO problem to read and show this pictures in other tagging programs like Mp3Tag or Players like VLC. Even the windows explorer (win7) shows this picture correctly.

As workaround, I could save the picture as "Latin1" as mentioned here: http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/mp3-diags-reports-errors-after-inserting-coverart.107588/
    But this is not a real solution.

Could you please check this behaviour?

• Ciobi

Ciobi - 2013-10-19

Well, "unsupported" simply means that the program has a limitation, not that there's anything wrong with the file.

Ideally I should add support for this and then this note will disappear, but I don't know when I'll have the time. (I already have a file with this issue.)

• Hans-Peter Jansen

Well, it results in the following situation: given a cover image lies in the album folder, embed that in the mp3 files with some other app as FRONT_COVER with utf-something encoded empty(!) description, mp3diags stumbles upon the fact, and shows the cover as not embedded, embed it with mp3diags, and boom, you have files with 2 of the same front covers embedded, thanks to this deficit.