2011-12-31
2013-04-22
  • matze2ooo
    matze2ooo
    2011-12-31

Hello and thanks for this great tool!

Some of my MP3s doesn't have an APIC frame. MP3 Diags throws the following:

"ID3V2 tag doesn't have an APIC frame (which is used to store images)."

How can I fix this? Unfortunately I can't find a transformation for this.

Thanks in advance!

• Ciobi
    Ciobi
    2011-12-31

There is no transformation for this, because I don't think there's a way to do it reliably. This APIC frame is used to store album art. There are tools that download album art automatically, but I don't remember their name. (Google will help, though.) Anyway, depending on the music you have, these tools may work from pretty well to horrible. They didn't work too well for me when I tried them.

The way to fix this in MP3 Diags is to go to the Tag Editor and assign an image. It's easiest if you find your album on Discogs or MusicBrainz, but you can also get images from the clipboard or from a local file. Anyway, it's a manual process, and it can be fairly time-consuming.

You might also look at how I use the program.

• matze2ooo
    matze2ooo
    2011-12-31

Thanks for your quick reply. I went to the tag editor and applied the changes. However there seems to be a bug. I have marked all elements from the album but I can't apply a jpeg to all file at once, this needs to be done file per file…

• Ciobi
    Ciobi
    2011-12-31

Normally it assigns the picture to all the songs in album at once. The way to get it not to assign a picture to a song is by playing with the "Toggle assigned state" button. Can you send me 2 of your files to see this issue for myself? (Mailing to them ciobi@inbox.com seems the simplest option, but you can also put them on some file-sharing site.) Please also tell me what version of MP3 Diags you are using and what is your operating system, and describe the steps you took to get to the point where you had to assign an image one file at a time.