Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.
Anybody else having trouble with Discogs lookups?
With version 1.0.08.053 it sends off a search and then waits. And waits … no results ever return. It just says "searching".
Used to work fine, but seems to have stopped.
PS -- absolutely brilliant program! Thanks so much for it.
It's not about the MP3 Diags version. None works. It seems that there are some Discogs API changes. I'm looking into it …
There is a fix in Subversion for the Unstable branch. I should make an official unstable release in a few days and then I'll probably backport this change and a Gnome 3 improvement to the stable branch as well. As I said in my previous message, this change is needed because Discogs changed their API.
Thanks Marian. I did some thinking, and think there's two problems.
First, as you mentioned, the discogs API is changing. However, the old one will work until December. , at which time version 1 won't work.
Secondly, I believe they started denying requests that don't have a User-Agent identification. See, eg: http://www.discogs.com/help/forums/topic/270594
When I add a user agent string to the headers in DiscogsDownloader.cpp, it starts working again. I added the following string at lines 622, 653, and 677, and things seem to work as expected.
header.setValue( "User-Agent", "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.0; Windows 98)");
Hope this is helpful, but it's probably short-term at best!
Cheers and thanks for all your work.
Thanks for your reply and the fix in subversion!
I released 1.1.08 with this fix and some more. I should look at the 2.0 API, but not in the immediate future, because I don't have much time and it seems that the new API is still changing.