Menu

Build req: Windows 64 bit.

2009-10-31
2013-04-22
  • David Levin

David Levin - 2009-10-31

So I go back and forth between my 64 bit Ubuntu OS at work, and my 64 bit Windows OS at home.  Mp3 Diags for Linux is in both 32 and 64 bit flavors.  I finally tought to ask if you could do a build for Windows that is 64 bit.  Of course I will doing any test you need on that platform.  Let us users know if this is a possibility.

Thanks,
    David

• Ciobi

Ciobi - 2009-11-01

My plan for having a 64bit installer / executable is that I release the sources, then somebody else builds the program and updates the executables to SourceForge. That's because I don't have a 64bit Windows to play with. A month or so ago I had a "help request" posted for building this but nobody really volunteered (there was somebody who replied but didn't have 64bit either.)

So I can't do it currently, but if you want to play with this - be my guest.

I think the code should generally work, since it was developed on 64bit Linux to begin with. There are pretty detailed instructions about building the program (including the required libraries) . One thing that you'd have to change is define WIN32, because that's what the program currently tests. I think that is done by adding a line with "DEFINES += WIN32" to src/src.pro. Also, a 64bit zlib.dll is needed, but that shouldn't be an issue either.

Well, whoever is reading this and creates the 64bit executable (or tries but fails for some reason), please post back your results. Or ask for more details if you need them.

: http://mp3diags.sourceforge.net/010_getting_the_program.html#sourceWindows