Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

SVN Revision 132 won't build (Fedora 14)

2011-04-09
2013-04-22
  • Steven Ulrick
    Steven Ulrick
    2011-04-09

The exact error that "make" bails with is as follows:
    Linking CXX executable MP3Diags                                                                                                                             
    /usr/bin/ld: CMakeFiles/MP3Diags.dir/src/AlbumInfoDownloaderDlgImpl.cpp.o: undefined reference to symbol 'inflateInit2_'                                    
    /usr/bin/ld: note: 'inflateInit2_' is defined in DSO /lib64/libz.so.1 so try adding it to the linker command line
    /lib64/libz.so.1: could not read symbols: Invalid operation
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make: ***  Error 1
    make: ***  Error 2
    make: ***  Error 2

This appears to be the same error that was said to be fixed in this thread
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/mp3diags/forums/forum/947207/topic/3937512

Let me know if you need any more information.

Steven P. Ulrick

• Steven Ulrick
    Steven Ulrick
    2011-04-09

Well, I did it again…  I've posted two times to the forum(s) for this project, and both times I posted to the wrong forum…  This time is less excusable: when I went back and re-read my first post (from two years ago) I found that I am doing the same thing wrong NOW that I was doing then…  So, using the "Install.sh" method, all is well.

I hope that my temporary mental incompetence will no longer be displayed on these forums :)

Steven P. Ulrick

• Ciobi
    Ciobi
    2011-04-10

Don't worry about posting. No big deal. Regarding the compilation I'm not sure what to say. I don't actively use Fedora but I have a Fedora 14 installed in a virtual machine and things seem to work fine for me. I tried both the SVN download and the .tgz file. My installation wasn't updated in a few months, so I first tested with the old packages, then I updated everything to the latest version and tested again.

The thread that you mention talks about -lz that needs to be added to LIBS, the way it is at http://mp3diags.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/mp3diags/trunk/mp3diags/src/src.pro?revision=128&view=markup. Can you confirm that your file has this LIBS += -lz at the end? (Line 162)