Can this software write directly to a generic SB card?
I have posted this on Linux-audio-dev (I consider this
to be of new interest in linux audio):
If I am correct on this, basic Linux Firewall users
everywhere, can benifit. Thanks
------------- clip ----------------------
3 reasons I am posting here:
- There are millions of DIY Linux firewalls running on
light-kernels (Smoothwall alone reports > million
active installs) with no generic Sound blaster
- Most users, even Linux CLI familiar like myself,
will not trade security to swap a kernel on a firewall
and break the update mechanism that keeps things
- These millions of firewalls have CPU cycles to spare
and sit around waisting power and many users would
like a way to do audio out. I have posted over a year
ago on the SW - UK forum and many are interested and
What is needed:
- PIC timer-based code (8259 chip?) to ouput wav
direct to SB-out with CLI parms to set generic SB
volume, filename, and loop option.
Perhaps I'm asking for too much?
- Maybe, even pointers in the right direction would
help. In fact, if this is easy... just post it
in "homebrew mods" at smoothwall.org's community
- I will take positive responses here, and duely
credit them - This is for everyone!
--------- clip end ----------------