Here are two patches to modify the scripts in the
src/movix directory and the src/isolinux directory.
I suggest applying each patch by cd'ing into each
respective directory and patching with 'patch -p0 <
The patches will only modify the text files in each
Note that I have removed the 'samba.tgz' file from
The versions of the various software and libraries in
the initrd.gz file are:
I also placed in the initrd.gz file appropriate
versions of the libraries that the software above was
linked to as shown by the output of ldd. I removed
those library versions no longer needed because there
was no Mplayer binary anymore.
I added the binaries of 'xvinfo' and 'tail'. I added
these as dependencies of the script 'xine-check' which
gets installed when Xine is built. Xvinfo was not
present originally, and for some reason the 'tail'
that was a symlink to the busybox binary was causing
some funny error message to display when the
'xine-check' script ran.
I removed all xine plugins that were not needed for
xine to play a dvd image file and display the dvd
menus, because as I see it, this entire MoviXine
modification is only needed to distribute user authored
dvd movies which contain menus and navigation. For
anything else, i.e straight movies and/or video files
with other codecs, (e)Movix(2) is sufficient.
I used the specific versions of libdvdread and xine etc
because the latest versions gave me all sorts of
problems, whether I ran it on my PC or off a text
version of MoviXine.
I will try to upload the initrd.gz later on, in case
the info given above is not enough to rebuild the