meyde
2005-09-20
2013-04-16
  • meyde
    meyde
    2005-09-20

Hi all,

Does the project movix dead ?

I want to know where is the develloppement about a gui interface like geexbox,freevo,.... ?

Your project is a bomb great thanks Keep on i'am iwth you.

Bye

• Roberto De Leo
      Roberto De Leo
      2005-09-20

No, the project is not dead at all, but yes, in the last two years or so I had a series of undelayable things to do that made the movix development of the project *very* slow.

Even in this very moment, I again have close deadlines to respect so again I won't be able to work on the project for some further week :-( 
      Eventually all this will end, but I was already so many times wrong foreseeing its end that I don't want to give estimates, I'll just say that I'll work on movix when I'll be able to  :-)

> where is the develloppement about a gui interface like geexbox,freevo,.... ?

It is quite a long time I don't give a look to geexbox, but last time its 'GUI' was a slight modification of the standard mplayer 'menu GUI', and on the movix distros is available the very same GUI plus others (the 'console UI' in MoviX and the MPlayer true GUI in MoviX2).

About freevo, I don't like much its GUI, I much prefer MythTV's one, but unfortunately I haven;t been able to extract it from the rest of their code  :-(
      Any volounteer?  :-)

• meyde
        meyde
        2005-09-21

Great thanks for your quick answer.

I hope to see soon again news releases from movix project,i will be here to test them all

Bye