Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Error! Unrecognized XSLTC extension 'org.apac

Help
Didier
2008-06-02
2013-04-24
  • Didier
    Didier
    2008-06-02

Hello,

I can't make venice.jar.
    This is what appen whan I do "ant jar":

"
    didier@didier-desktop:~/venice071g/mov$ ant jar
    Buildfile: build.xml

build:

doc:
         [xslt] Transforming into /home/didier/venice071g/mov/src/org/mov/help/doc
         [xslt] Processing /home/didier/venice071g/mov/doc/manual.xml to /home/didier/venice071g/mov/src/org/mov/help/doc/manual.html
         [xslt] Loading stylesheet /home/didier/venice071g/mov/doc/manual-help.xsl
         [xslt] : Error! Unrecognized XSLTC extension 'org.apache.xalan.xslt.extensions.Redirect:open'
         [xslt] Failed to process null

BUILD FAILED
    /home/didier/venice071g/mov/build.xml:122: javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unrecognized XSLTC extension 'org.apache.xalan.xslt.extensions.Redirect:open'

Total time: 0 seconds
    "

Xalan seems to be présent on the computer :

"
    didier@didier-desktop:~/venice071g/mov$ xalan
    Reading input document from stdin...

[4]+  Stopped                 xalan
    didier@didier-desktop:~/venice071g/mov$
    "

I have tried many things (with version0.71b, with last version ...), with no success!
    Actualy, I have removed all the références to "doc" in the build.xml to make a .jar!!

Is there somebody who could help me ?

Best Regards

• Mark Hummel
      Mark Hummel
      2008-06-02

Hi Didier,

1. What is the output of "which xalan" or "whereis xalan"?  It's been a little while since I've used a linux.
      2. What is the location of the ant libraries. and is there a xalan.jar file in ./ant/lib? On my system ant lives in /usr/share/.

Regards,
      Mark.

• Didier
      Didier
      2008-06-03

Hi Mark,

Thank you very much for for help.
      1) The output of "which xalan" is "/usr/bin/xalan/"
      2) The location of ant librairies is "/usr/share/ant/lib/" and there where no xalan.jar file in!!
         I've put xalan.jar in, it was better :

"didier@didier-desktop:~/venice071e/mov$ ant jar
                Buildfile: build.xml

build:

doc:
                   [xslt] Transforming into /home/didier/venice071e/mov/src/org/mov/help/doc
                   [xslt] Processing /home/didier/venice071e/mov/doc/manual.xml to /home/didier/venice071e/mov/src/org/mov/help/doc/manual.html
                   [xslt] Loading stylesheet /home/didier/venice071e/mov/doc/manual-help.xsl

BUILD FAILED
                   /home/didier/venice071e/mov/build.xml:122: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/xml/serializer/ExtendedContentHandler

Total time: 0 seconds"

3) Finaly to solve the problem, I have downloaded "xalan-j_2_7_1-bin-2jars.zip" at "http://apache.cict.fr/xml/xalan-j/"
         I have put xalan.jar, xsltc.jar, xercesImpl.jar, xml-apis.jar and serializer.jar in /usr/share/ant/lib/
         I don't know if it's correct, but it works.

Regards,
      Didier