Moon and flash drives

Help
2009-04-07
2013-04-22
  • anonobomber
    anonobomber
    2009-04-07

I am trying to use a flash drive with moon secure 2.x enabled.  It asks to scan the drive but does not show up in My Computer at all no matter if I scan it or not.  If I go into disk management I can see the drive.  If I leave the drive plugged in and reboot the computer then it will show up fine in My Computer.  However, this is not an acceptable solution.  Another workaround I have found is by going into the system services and disabling Moon Secure Antivirus Core and then I am able to read the drive.  Since this is running on systems where the users do not have permissions to do this I am unable to accept this as a solution.  Does anyone have any suggestions on resolving this?

• Don  Lewis
      Don Lewis
      2009-04-07

I have a solution but you may not like it. If your O/S is Vista dump Moon Secure. It is too unstable. I had the beta version on two machines. Both have Vista and run 24/7. Moon Secure would turn off on a regular basis, give no warning message that it was off and no clues as to why it was turning off.

Don...

• anonobomber
      anonobomber
      2009-04-09

These are all XP systems.  I haven't had any trouble with it shutting off.

• Tyler Johnson
    Tyler Johnson
    2010-10-13

I have a solution, although you might not like this, either. I sugest that, instead of shutting down tha machine, put it in Hibernate mode. If you don't know what that is, look it up in google. It sometimes helps me with my weird problems.