I spent some hours today trying to track down a bug (which turned out to be
not a bug, which was why it was so hard to find), where page names that
contained national characters got scrambled and strange characters inserted.
Finally I tracked down to that Opera handle non-ASCII characters in URL
strings differently than the other two web browsers that I use, konqueror and
mozilla (/netscape). I could never understand exactly what happened, but
sometimes MoinMoin converts non-ASCII characters to the %-convention in URL's
and sometimes it does not. It appears to work good with konqueror and
Mozilla, but Opera somehow mistakes that for another character set and it
gets really strange.
The symptom is that you could look at pages with national character in the
tiles, type them in as URL's and so on, but could not create such pages with
MoinMoin. In such a case, Opera scrambles the URL and MoinMoin gets very