Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Support for Drupal 7 passwords

Help
Chris
2011-03-09
2013-04-23
  • Chris
    Chris
    2011-03-09

It would be helpful if Drupal 7 password hashes could be used for authentication. 

They are SHA512, with a non-apache style base64 encoding.  I have created a version that will do it and I could submit it to be used as a starting point.  I would say that it is currently stable, but not bullet proof, since it's just a few lines it should not be to far from that state.  It currently only supports Drupal 7 hashes, Drupal 7 itself, allows for a couple of legacy hashes to support upgraded systems - this would not be too hard to add.

• Anonymous
    2011-06-09

Yes, i want that! Please make this compatible with Drupal 7 hashes, so i can integrate with my website user database.

• Raphaël Droz
    Raphaël Droz
    2011-11-10

Hi,
    cehailey, would you want to post it in the "patch" area so that other people may benefit from it please ?
    Let's hope the maintainer may also want to push all the pending patches (most of them adding some useful feature) to a next release.