I know this has been debated before, but I can find the solution.
I have just installed a new frontend, based on mythdora 12.23.
I have build a new kernel without SMP, rebuild lirc (with lirc_dev) and installed lirc_mod_mce as described in https://sourceforge.net/projects/mod-mce/forums/forum/588333/topic/2019683
The keyboard works perfect but the MCE keys and remote doesn't - if I install the mod-mce module the MCE keys/remote works but (of cause) not the keyboard. What I'm missing since the MCE keys/remote doesn't work with the lirc_mod_mce module.
Hopes someone still reads this forum and have a solution to my problem :o)