Remote no longer working

Help
2008-08-23
2013-04-15
  • Michael Dundee
    Michael Dundee
    2008-08-23

    Hi and thank you for some great work on this driver.
    I installed version 0.2.0 and used some of the tips from this forum. I got the keyboard and mouse functions to work fine (except the mouse is a bit jumpy but that could be because of a worn out mouse stick) however upon disabling the mceusb2 driver I lost all remote functionality in Mythtv. Does anyone know what could be done about this? I'm a bit of a Noob with these things so speak slowly and with small words :)

    First of all what outputs would be helpful to you? I'm running Mythbuntu 8.04.1 using the lirc_mod_mce 0.2.0 driver. The driver compiled correctly and can run the keyboard and mouse as of right now.

    Anyt help would be greatly appreciated!

     
    • Michael Dundee
      Michael Dundee
      2008-08-23

      Never mind. I got it working by editing hardware.conf

       
    • Can you post up your hardware.conf. I cant get my remote working with lirc_mod_mce. The devices in /dev do not get created.... /dev/lircd only exists.

       
    • Duca
      Duca
      2009-05-13

      Hi!

      I know this thread is pretty old, but I hope somebody still watching :o)

      I have the exactly the same issue - using lirc version 0.8.4a, kernel 2.6.27.23 and lirc_mod_mce 2.0.
      Im using mythdora 10.21
      The keyboard (and mouse) is working great, but no activity from the remote - all though I can see there is activity (using dmesg) when debug is turn on.

      my hardware.conf (in my setup called /etc/sysconfig/lirc) looks like this:
      REMOTE="Custom"
      REMOTE_MODULES="lirc_mod_mce"
      REMOTE_DRIVER=""
      REMOTE_DEVICE="/dev/lirc0"
      REMOTE_LIRCD_CONF="/etc/lirc.conf"
      REMOTE_LIRCD_ARGS=""

      Could someone point me in the right direction.

      Regards

      Christoffer

       
    • Duca
      Duca
      2009-05-15

      Hi Guys!

      Just wanna tell you that everything works perfect af upgrading to lirc_mod_mce v. 2.1

      :o)

      Regards

      Christoffer