This is the last release of the 2.0 series (barring any major bugs). 3.0 is in the planning stages (get your requests in!), and will be JDBC-3.0/JDK-1.4 based.
As for what's new in this release:
- Fixed ResultSet.getBlob() ArrayIndex out-of-bounds
- Fixed ResultSetMetaData.getColumnTypeName for TEXT/BLOB
- Fixed ArrayIndexOutOfBounds when sending large BLOB queries (Max size packet was not being set)
- Added ISOLATION level support to Connection.setIsolationLevel()
- Fixed NPE on PreparedStatement.executeUpdate() when all columns have not been set.
- Fixed date parsing of TIMESTAMPs with 2-digit years
- Added Byte to PreparedStatement.setObject()
- ResultSet.getBoolean() now recognizes '-1' as 'true'
- ResultSet has +/-Inf/inf support
- ResultSet.insertRow() works now, even if not all columns are set (they will be set to "NULL")
- DataBaseMetaData.getCrossReference() no longer ArrayIndexOOB
- getObject() on ResultSet correctly does TINYINT->Byte and SMALLINT->Short