Matlab R13 help

Help
fijas
2007-04-19
2013-04-26
  • fijas
    fijas
    2007-04-19

I want to run ta-lib-0.0.3_hf1-mex_w32 toolbox under Matlab R13. Seems that Matlab is not recognizing mexw32 files:

>> TA_Initialize
    ??? Undefined function or variable 'TA_Initialize'.

I have set up path for ta-lib but did not help.
    I am quite new in this area so would you be so kind to provide step-by-step "procedure" what needs to be done to make it running? Thank you in advance.

Best,
    Lukas

• Pranas
      Pranas
      2007-04-19

The TA-Lib subproject compiled with MATLAB 2006b libraries.
      Note: The source code is available in SVN. Version for 2007b x32 and x64 is planned.
      You should set up Matlab mex compiler, add TA-Lib 0.3.0 (ta-lib.org) to lib path and compile source code.
      It is not task for 1 minute, but such price for speed and convenience in using it from Matlab.

Regards
      Pranas

• Pranas
      Pranas
      2007-04-19

Recommend using Tortoise SVN as SVN client. Very simple and intuitive.

• Pranas
      Pranas
      2007-04-19

Instructions how to use access SVN of the project http://sourceforge.net/svn/?group_id=190150

• fijas
      fijas
      2007-04-20

Thank you for info. However still have problems. I have downloaded from SVN ta_SAR.c code (actually I need only this function), set up mex and got following:

>> mex ta_SAR.c
      Turbo Incremental Link 5.00 Copyright (c) 1997, 2000 Borland
      Error: Unresolved external '_TA_SAR' referenced from C:\MATLAB6P5\TOOLBOX\TA-LIB\C\SRC\TA_FUNC\TA_SAR.OBJ

C:\MATLAB6P5\BIN\WIN32\MEX.PL: Error: Link of 'ta_SAR.dll' failed.

??? Error using ==> mex
      Unable to complete successfully

What do I need to do?
      BTW - is it possible to have this SAR function in m-file format?

Thanks!
      Lukas

• Pranas
      Pranas
      2007-04-20

Lukas,

You need pasing TA-Lib compiles for Borland C++ *.lib (e.g. mex ta_SAR.c C:\EtcProgs\ta-lib\c\lib\ta_libc_cdr.lib) file as parameter.

Note: It seems the original TA-Lib is compiled with Microsoft Visual C++ and I've compiled my code with Microsoft Visual C++ (it is for free and comes with Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition or .NET framework)

Pranas

• fijas
      fijas
      2007-04-20

Thank you! It works now.

Regards,
      Lukas