Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Pan/Tilt buttons on the demo page

Majid
2012-11-16
2013-05-30
  • Majid
    Majid
    2012-11-16

Hi Miklos,

I just wanted to write my previous request as a new thread. I am really need to use Pan/Tilt function from my android phone, as you know the controls buttons of the mjpg-streamer is opened in a new page
    which make difficult to control the Pan/Tilt while watching the streaming video at the same time.
    I have already mentioned to the Japan's website that done this option but as you said that was by using the older version of the streamer.

http://www21.atwiki.jp/snagplaces/pages/51.html

I am waiting the combined page and I hope you will have the time to do it.

Regards
    Majid

• I am working on it. First I need to modify the testpicture plugin to emulate the proper pan and tilt controls (done).

And now I am starting to implement the client side stuff.

• Client side stuff done, please give it a try.

• Majid
    Majid
    2012-11-21

Its work, thanks Miklos, even the pan/Tilt buttons now have nice look and much better than before.
    But it will be very good if you move the Pan/Tilt to be as close as possible to the image since its located now at the bottom of the page which make it difficult to control while watching on the android phone.

And it will be excellent if only the Pan/Tilt buttons (without the other controls option such as Brightness, contrast …etc) added to the example page that has in my case the url http://192.168.15.158:8095/stream_simple.html because this is a pure clean page that has only the video stream without any text or comment which is very useful to shown in the mobilephone.

Thanks again for the efforts.

• Cool.
    1. I have just picked up some icons from the humanity theme, and used them. I will figure out how to overlap them. How statisfied are you with the size of the buttons?

2. I have had an idea to be able to show and hide the controls, just I have not had a time to implement it yet. We can store the visiblity of the controls in cookies, so you will be able to organize your controls as you wnat.

3. I will add the same o the simple page too when I will get back to my home dev box. .

• Majid
    Majid
    2012-11-21

The size of the buttons is perfect on both the PC and the phone and arranged in nice look.  The Idea of organize the controls is so important, for me I should deselect the "Exposure Auto Priority" in order to get a smooth image. But any way,  the Pan/Tilt controls are the most wanted controls for me.

Thanks again for every things.

• Lee
    Lee
    2012-12-19

Hi Miklos,

Have you implement the backward compatibility with the nonajax versions so the android app could be used with it ?

• Lee
    Lee
    2012-12-30

Hi majid2012 ,

Any idea on the backward compatibility with nonajax versions so the android app IPCam can be used to move the camera ? I guess Miklos may be busy, but just in case, is it move to another new thread I may not know.

BTW, can open-source motion move this camera ?

Thanks.

Happy new year ahead.

• Hello,

Today i have implemented the backward compatibility. Could you please give it a try.

Successful and happynew year!

Regards,
    Miklós

• Lee
    Lee
    2012-12-31

Hi Miklos,

Thank again for your great support again.

My test is on the android app IP Cam & the Logitech cam can finally pan/tilt now.

Really appreciated your effort & time to make this wonderful mjeg-streamer software shine

May I wish you & your family a Happy New Year 2013 :)

• Lee
    Lee
    2013-01-02

Hi Miklos,

I have tested couple of days by now & it is still working fine.

May I also know how to use a script to trigger the pan/tile camera, e.g.
       move http://x.x.x.x:8090?right=10&up=20

Thanks again.

• Hello,

Do you like to move the camera to absolute or relative position in this way?

Regards,
    Miklós

• Lee
    Lee
    2013-01-03

Hi Miklos,

I would like to move the camera something like the preset position, so should be absolute

Thanks.

• Majid
    Majid
    2013-01-15

Hi Miklos,
    As Lee wrote, pan/tilt work great now on android appl. IP Cam, It is good also that you have added the old control to the mjpg-streamer demo page, thanks for efforts.

Only small problem, when click the pan or tilt keys (at the first time only), the camera start to reset itself position. While it should move one step per click only!
    That is happen on both the old control page and on the android application (IP Cam ) also, while it is non on the new control page!
    Can you please fix this problem.

Thanks,
    Sorry Lee, I was not here to answer your old question, because I do not get any e-mail or so if some body reply here. but now you know :-)

• Lee
    Lee
    2013-01-15

Hi majid2012 ,

Great to hear from you. I'm still receiving email notification when someone post something. Maybe you should check your subscribed email ..

I also noticed this small hiccup when first run mjpeg-streamer, the fist click cause the camera moves to a default position, maybe home or something like that. Subsequent moves correctly with the pan/tilt command. I'm ok with this anyway happened once only but good to perfect it.

However, I'm still waiting Miklos's advise with some script to control the pan/tilt in my previous posting.

• Lee
    Lee
    2013-02-07

Hi Miklos,

Any advise on 13 ?

• Yes Sir,

Basicly if you change a control value it makes a JSON request to the server. The easiest way to figure out how to do it is installing the firebug. Open up the console and check what it does in the background:

Just copy the URL change the value to fit your need. Of course you will need to do it with two requests to be able to set a position.

• Lee
    Lee
    2013-02-14

Hi Miklos,

I have tried the URL & is working but camera move in incremental steps from its current position

Example below URL move the camera a few degree right. Likewise for left, up & down
    http://IP:Port/?action=command_ng&dest=0&plugin=0&id=10094852&group=1&value=200

My requirement is to move the camera to a certain fixed absolute position, not a relative position from its previous one.

• Lee
    Lee
    2013-04-06

Hi Miklos,

Any advise on 18 ?