Help
smiffy92
2011-04-05
2013-05-29
  • smiffy92
    smiffy92
    2011-04-05

Hi,

I am using minidlna both with my Samsung TV - this is working good enough for me - I may check out the patches when I get a chance)

I am also using it with my UPNP capable device ( Netgear EVA 7000) - This finds the server OK (although it says 'Unauthorised' in the server name field.

Its the streaming itself which appears not to be compatible - I can't forward or rewind or skip any videos - is this because of my device or is upnp just an added bonus of minidlna? I thought i'd found the best all in 1 solution for my needs.

Cheers for any help

Smiffy

• Craig Chambers
    Craig Chambers
    2011-04-06

Hi there,

It' working with my Netgear MP-101 (a 9 year old UPnP device)  at the weekend, though that was an older version of the server., and my device only supports MP3.
    I upgraded to head revision today, and have just checked it out… MP3 still working fine for me.

/Craig

• Justin Maggard
    Justin Maggard
    2011-04-06

Are you able to rewind or fast-forward using another server?  I'm not too sure about the EVA 7000, but I know a lot of UPnP-A/V client devices don't have the ability to fast-forward or rewind.  The only thing the server usually needs to do is support byte-range HTTP requests, which minidlna does.

• smiffy92
    smiffy92
    2011-04-07

I will try some other servers and see how they compare and report back.