Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Samsung 32le651 - where to start!?

Help
Peter H
2010-10-01
2013-05-29
  • Peter H
    Peter H
    2010-10-01

Hi,
    I tried to get the s/w to work on the above about 6 moths ago and had problems.  I can now see a lot more has developed and would appreciate a little guidance before I have another go:

The above model has 2 very recent F/W updates (both 29/10/2010!) should I upgrade before using minidlna?

Can someone point me to the relevant version/patches I should be trying to use for this TV?

Thanks

Peter H

• DerGrinch
    DerGrinch
    2010-10-01

Hi Peter,

Usally, its good to always have the latest firmware. Because the DLNA-Standard didn't really changed, minidlna should still work.
    If minidlna works, you may want to try this patch: https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3058976&group_id=243163&atid=1121518 by randomcore. It adds some samsung-features (see its description).

Greets,
    DerGrinch

• Peter H
    Peter H
    2010-10-01

Thanks DerGrinch,  I asked if it should work without "patches" because I used MediaTomb and had to reconfigure some flags so  the TV could see it!
    I will upgrade the TV's f/w in the next few days and try mimidnla next week.
    I will confirm progress/problems when I have done some more reading and installed the s/w.

Regards

Peter H