Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Forced Sorting

Help
Arjen
2014-01-30
2014-12-30
  • Arjen
    Arjen
    2014-01-30

Hi there, how can I make use of the "forced sorting support for Panasonic devices" feature? I can't find it in the conf file. Thanks!

• Justin Maggard
    Justin Maggard
    2014-03-12

Some Panasonic devices specify a sort order, and some don't. On devices that don't specify one, we will sort it. On devices that do specify a sort order, we will obey its command.

However, with v1.1.2 there is now a new force_sort_criteria option which you can use to ignore the sort order sent by the player and instead use one that you specify.

• Dennis  Lopeman
    Dennis Lopeman
    2014-12-10

I might be missing something here... but I was looking for a more indepth explanation of this.

# always force SortCriteria to this value, regardless of the SortCriteria passed by the client
    #force_sort_criteria=+upnp:class,+upnp:originalTrackNumber,+dc:title

I would like to know what ALL the options are here... maybe give examples. Or please direct me to where the manuals are?

Also, I only want this to apply to MUSIC (although it really doesn't even apply to videos and pictures, usually)...

for example: when listening to the entire album "The Wall, by Pink Floyd," going in alphabetic order is CrAzY!! LOL

• Dennis  Lopeman
    Dennis Lopeman
    2014-12-30

FYI - The forced_sort_criteria did NOT work on my Samsung Supposedly-Smart TV. Anyone else have any luck?