• hey guys

am using minidlna for a while now
    one thing i like to find out is how to change / remove the standar folders (browse/photo/video/music)
    when i select my server i just want to see my own shared folders

thanks in advance

• Justin Maggard
    Justin Maggard

Sorry, but that's not configurable right now.  You'd have to modify the source code to do that today.

• is this something that will be added in the future ??
    please tell me it is it is something which woeld make this software complete in my opinion

• Sebastian Just
    Sebastian Just

I would also like to vote for this enhancement.

As I'm using a Samsung TV as DLNA client this behavoir means I have to choose the media type twice:

At first I have to select on my TV if I would like to see Video, Pictures or listen to Music.
    Afterwards I always see the minDLNA folder structure for selecting Video/Pciture/Music agagin.
    This is a little bit annyoing and it would be great if minDLNA detects by the UserAgent that the type selection by miniDLNA isn't required

• Craig Chambers
    Craig Chambers

I'd also like to see this if it's a fairly simple change.  It would help with the occasional brain fart of selecting music from the video top level on my Sony TVs and seeing no content (as there are no videos in my music locations).
    I've seen this issue a couple of times on forums too.

• Vertlo Oraerk
    Vertlo Oraerk

Agree… almost all TVs have already structure "Pictures/Music/Movies". Selecting content type twice is not convenient

• Japers

Me too, particularly if this is something which affects most TVs - I thought it was just Samsung specific but seems to be affecting Sony (& others?) as well…

• David

This also happens on Samsung Blueray players… Changing the virutal directory structure seems to be configurable on many other UPNP/DLNA servers such as Twonky and Media Tomb

• Anonymous

Sounds like ya'll need to start coding! When this semester ends for me I plan on starting to write the needed code to do this if it hasn't been done by then.