Although there seems to be all kinds of discussion on the topic, patches for prior versions and generally lots of attention given to Samsung products, I am not clear whether:
- minidlna 1.0.20 is supposed to generate thumbnails on a Samsung Series C TV or a BDC5900 Blu-Ray;
- there is something I am supposed to be doing (I don't see anything relevant in the conf file);
- there is something I can do to activate the subtitle menu.
I compiled minidlna 1.0.20 from source on a WD mybook live and, generally speaking, it works very well with the Samsung Series C TV (and much better than dlna server it comes with), but:
- while it shows subtitles if a srt file is present, without the menu, there is no way to turn them off or select encoding. The menu is present when the files are on a drive connected directly to the TV via USB;
- No thumbnails when minidlna is used, but there multiple thumbnails in rotation, over USB;
- Also, over USB, but not with minidlna there are spaced chapter markers.
To be clear, where I refer to the "dlna server it comes with", "it" is the Mybook Live. I have not tried the Samsung DLNA server.
I also have a samsung TV C Series and use WD My Book live, i tried differents ways to apply patchs but with no results, it seems that these patchs are for other dlna systems and when run the patch in My book live it crashes, this is the patch https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3084362&group_id=243163&atid=1121518 if anybody wants to help us i appreciated your help. By the way I use diff and patch linux command.