Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Sony HBD-E570 mkv over DLNA

Help
Lucho
2010-11-11
2013-05-29
  • Lucho
    Lucho
    2010-11-11

Hi all:

Decided to start a new help topic since in this one (http://sourceforge.net/projects/minidlna/forums/forum/879957/topic/3774620) the problem was already solved, but the solution to mine should be similar.  I have a Sony Home Theater Blu-Ray player model HBD-E570 and use a DNS-323.  I have no idea how to complile stuff in Linux much less cross compile for my NAS.  I tried multiple DLNA solutions and miniDLNA has by far been the one that has worked the best on my DNS-323 with the Sony system.  The problem is that none of the solutions I've tried have been able to show .mkv files to the system.  I know the system can play them since they work when I plug in my USB drive with the files directly.  Can anyone help?

X-AV-Physical-Unit-Info: pa="BLU-RAY HOME THEATRE SYSTEM";
    X-AV-Client-Info: av=5.0; cn="Sony Corporation"; mn="BLU-RAY HOME THEATRE SYSTEM"; mv="2.0";

• Craig Chambers
    Craig Chambers
    2010-11-11

Hi,

I can't find any specifics for your system but from my experience of Sony TVs, I would not be certain that media that plays via USB is also supported over DLNA.

regards,
    Craig

• Justin Maggard
    Justin Maggard
    2010-11-11

Sony is probably sharing the same DLNA stack as their blu-ray players on their home theatre systems.  I've added the same code to try to trick it into playing MKV files as we use for BDPs, but I'm not able to get you a build for your DNS-323.  But if somebody can make you a build from the latest CVS code, it may work for you.

• Lucho
    Lucho
    2010-11-13

Hi Justin:

Thanks for that.  I'm going to see if I can get an old laptop setup with Linux so I can try miniDLNA there and try streaming an mkv file.  Getting the code cross compiled for the DNS-323 is a whole other thing.  There are directions online, but they're not the clearest.  Will let you know if it works.

Thanks,
    Luis