Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

MiniDLNA on Samsung C650

Help
Lord LEX
2010-05-14
2013-05-29
<< < 1 .. 5 6 7 (Page 7 of 7)

• Anonymous
    2011-08-22

So, thanks for this work shantanu, well done!
    I wasn't messing up with minidlna for a while , using the old anduras mega
    patch , on my DNS-320 nas on samsung c670 tv.
    I decide to update to last cvs using this patch with this results:
    - subtitles working , subs menu working , only external srt , no embedded
    subs in mkv are shown
    - resume play (the blue d button) working
    - thumbnails for files working , if present. I had those coming from the
    previous anduras patch.
    no thumbnails is created if not present obviously. (for now :)
    - no chapter

It would be nice to have back chapters and thumbnails creation, but maybe
    in another folder, that would be great.
    Anyway I cross compile through optware system and I can provide arm
    biaries or ipk if someone is interested let me know.
    thank you very much

• outkastm
    outkastm
    2011-09-19

hello.
    can u provide me ipk pls ?

• bellocarico
    bellocarico
    2011-10-25

Can anybody please provide a download link for the 1.0.22 statically compiled supporting the samsung_external_mta_files?

I have 1.0.19 and I'd like to upgrade to 1.0.22 but at the moment all I can find around are just patches :-(

Thanks!

• Leon Botha
    Leon Botha
    2011-12-05

Hi All

I have noticed that the C650 only support up to 101 pages.
    To resolve this is have made Sub-Folders -
    001 - Animation
    002 - Animé
    003 - Series
    004 - Movies

I have noticed that if there are two folders with  the same name it becomes a problem.
    Is there a way to handle this as my drives are getting full and i need to create the folders on a new drive??

Regards
    Z69

• bojan krstic
    bojan krstic
    2012-01-11

Valid : Yes
    Duration : 01:25:35
    Movie complete : Yes

Resolution : 640x352
    Codec : XviD MPEG-4 codec
    FPS : 23,98
    BitRate : 1010 Kbps
    Quality Factor : 0,19 b/px

Codec : MPEG 1 or 2 Audio Layer 3 (MP3)
    Number of channels : 2
    Sample Rate : 48000 Hz
    BitRate : 135 Kbps

On my C650 this movie doesnt play well via minidlna. I am using wifi connection. It doesnt play fluidly, but it buffer the pipe every 5-10 sec.  I have ubuntu, and minidlan 1.0.19. Is it because bitrate 1010kb?

• Leon Botha
    Leon Botha
    2012-01-13

Hi coyotee2

I have used wifi before "g -type"54Mb with similar issues.
    I see they recommend "n -type" 300Mb.

What wifi are you using?

Z69

• bojan krstic
    bojan krstic
    2012-01-14

I am using g -type"54Mb. I think this is the reason, because some mkv also play equaly….. Thanks Z69

• bojan krstic
    bojan krstic
    2012-01-14

No, sorry I am using 150MB

• Leon Botha
    Leon Botha
    2012-01-15

Hi Coyotee2

As i was not prepared to pay the exorbitant price for a Samsung wireless adaptor, i moved away from wifi and did a permanent cat5e connection from my switch.

I have files that are 15GB in size and a bit-rate of 10.9 Mbps that play 100%.
    This is might be close to the upper limit that i can do.
    There is nothing worse than n pause when you are involved in the movie and …….

Z69

• bojan krstic
    bojan krstic
    2012-02-04

Hello! I recently update to ubuntu 11.10, and after that minidlna stop working. problem is :
    minidlna -V
    minidlna: error while loading shared libraries: libavformat.so.52: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    libavformat.so.52 is missing. How should I install it? Also if I try to compile again I get error: The following command failed:
    gcc -Wall -g -O3 -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/usr/include/ffmpeg -I/usr/include/libavutil -I/usr/include/libavcodec -I/usr/include/libavformat -I/usr/include/ffmpeg/libavutil -I/usr/include/ffmpeg/libavcodec -I/usr/include/ffmpeg/libavformat -o metadata.o -c metadata.c

Please help.

• Justin Maggard
    Justin Maggard
    2012-02-04

11.10 shipped with newer ffmpeg libraries.  Make sure you're using the latest minidlna code from cvs, and it should build just fine.

• bojan krstic
    bojan krstic
    2012-02-08

Hello! I have tested all from 1.0.19 to 1.0.23. 1.023 compiled just fine from CVS and the static vesion wich is already compiled, but there is no subtitles option under tools, also chapters doesnt work. It look like 1.019 without any patches. I dont know what is wrong. Is it maybe something in minidlna.config. I have C650.

• bellocarico
    bellocarico
    2012-02-24

Can anybody please provide the static build for 1.0.24 patched for samsung (chapters.menu a.s.o)?
    The patch works perfectly on 1.0.19 but I now need virtual folders!

Many thanks

• sam bul
    sam bul
    2012-09-11

Can someone update the Samsung patch to current MIniDLNA 1.0.25 build, and explain how to patch the source, or upload the patched version?

• Japers
    Japers
    2012-12-03

Having used the patched 1.019 version since it's release (all working perfectly), I have updated my minidlna system to run on a raspberry Pi and been forced to update to the vanilla 1.0.25. As I understand it all the contents of the 1.0.19 patch have been incorporated into the CVS with the exception of the thumbnailing…

I have a C8000 TV and the chaptering does not work with 1.0.25 however I will raise this separately in another thread.

When I get a little time, I will try and create a thumbnailing patch for 1.0.25 unless someone here has already made one?

• Japers
    Japers
    2012-12-05

OK, so what doesn't work with 1.0.25 with Samsung TVs that the 1.0.19 patch makes work is chaptering and thumbnails.

I have spent a rather long time manually applying the 1.0.19 patch against 1.0.25. I have tried to separate out the non thumbnail elements from the patch but I cannot be sure if this is right. (I am probably wrong!)

What is left are 5 small bits of code where I am stuck and also a decent chunk of code from upnphttp.c which I could not tell is relevant or not. Perhaps someone with a bit more skill could look into this and it may now not take so long?

http://www.mediafire.com/?19sg48n261skltz

The file xxxxx.leftover.patch are the bits of code which I have not managed to integrate due to lack of coding skills.

The file xxxxx.not.relevant.patch are the bits of code which I think have nothing to do with thumbnailing or chaptering but I may be mistaken.

I really hope someone can help bring the last leftover elements of this patch back to life in a new patch! If someone can tell which bits are relevant or not, I am happy to try and put it all together!

• bellocarico
    bellocarico
    2013-03-24

@caribouk

You're the man!!

Please, upload it somewhere for us! I'm one of the dozen of many users that have been looking for a statically compiles 1.0.25 including Samsung patche(s).

I desperately miss the chaptering function of the 1.0.19 patched version

Many thanks!
    :-)

<< < 1 .. 5 6 7 (Page 7 of 7)