Cannot Search from Logitech Revue

Help
Anonymous
2011-08-15
2013-05-29

• Anonymous
    2011-08-15

From my Revue I can see the DLNA share and play music and video's from it.  As of now I am seeing this error when I try and search from within the Revue.  Any ideas?

{code}
    sql.c:59: error: SQL ERROR 1
    SELECT (select count(distinct DETAIL_ID) from OBJECTS o left join DETAILS d on (o.DETAIL_ID = d.ID) where (OBJECT_ID glob '*$*') and ((d.TITLE like "%harold  and  kumar%") or (d.TITLE like "%*harold  and  kumar%") or (d.TITLE like "%*Harold  and  kumar%") or (d.ARTIST like "%harold  and  kumar%") or (d.ARTIST like "%*harold  and  kumar%") or (d.ARTIST like "%*Harold  and  kumar%") or (d.GENRE like "%harold  and  kumar%") or (d.GENRE like "%*harold  and  kumar%") or (d.GENRE like "%*Harold  and  kumar%") or (upn)) + (select count(*) from OBJECTS o left join DETAILS d on (o.DETAIL_ID = d.ID) where (OBJECT_ID = '*') and ((d.TITLE like "%harold  and  kumar%") or (d.TITLE like "%*harold  and  kumar%") or (d.TITLE like "%*Harold  and  kumar%") or (d.ARTIST like "%harold  and  kumar%") or (d.ARTIST like "%*harold  and  kumar%") or (d.ARTIST like "%*Harold  and  kumar%") or (d.GENRE like "%harold  and  kumar%") or (d.GENRE like "%*harold  and  kumar%") or (d.GENRE like "%*Harold  and  kumar%") or (upn))
    upnpsoap.c:1546: warn: Returning UPnPError 708: Unsupported or invalid search criteria
    {code}

• Justin Maggard
    Justin Maggard
    2011-08-16

Looks to me like it's basically a buffer overrun.  MiniDLNA has a max of 512 bytes that it will read for each field.  So in this case, the SeachCriteria is well over 512 bytes, and it's getting truncated.  It's interesting, because Searches are supposed to be case-insensitive, and the Revue seems to be searching for the same thing in different cases.  So they really should be able to get by with much shorter SearchCriteria.

But in any case, we can accept longer SearchCriteria.  I just checked in a change to CVS to do that.

• Anonymous
    2011-08-17

Thanks I will be looking forward to the next release then.