Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

SONY BRAVIA KDL-46EX720

Help
Marco
2011-08-02
2013-05-29
  • Marco
    Marco
    2011-08-02

Hello,
    I have an BRAVIA KDL-46EX720 an like to use miniDLNA with an Linux System.
    All works fine until I try to Browse foulder. If I do that the Sony told me that the are no Items to view and the TV returns to main DLNA Menue.
    On an IPad Touch with MLPlayer I get an error like "Reading Error" an the application returns to start.
    (Can send the correct words in error later, cause I'm not at home yet)
    Did somebody get the same errors? Or any hints for me?
    If xou need more informations like Logs I can post.
    Kind Regards
    Marco

• Marco
    Marco
    2011-08-02

Sorry, here are some basicinfos:
    I m using minidlna_1.0.21_static.tar.gz
    Kind Regards

• Marco
    Marco
    2011-08-02

Maybe a problem of the encoding…. or ISO Standart?
    Found this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <s:Envelope xmlns:s="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" s:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">
        <s:Body>
            <u:BrowseResponse xmlns:u="urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:ContentDirectory:1">
                <Result>
                    &lt;DIDL-Lite xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" xmlns:upnp="urn:schemas-upnp-org:metadata-1-0/upnp/" xmlns="urn:schemas-upnp-org:metadata-1-0/DIDL-Lite/"&gt;
                    &lt;container id="1$6$5B" parentID="1$6" restricted="1" childCount="7"&gt;&lt;dc:title&gt;Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni&lt;/dc:title&gt;&lt;upnp:class&gt;object.container.person.musicArtist&lt;/upnp:class&gt;&lt;upnp:genre&gt;Unknown&lt;/upnp:genre&gt;&lt;/container&gt;&lt;container id="1$6$E9" parentID="1$6" restricted="1" childCount="7"&gt;&lt;dc:title&gt;Christian Brückner&lt;/dc:title&gt;&lt;upnp:class&gt;object.container.person.musicArtist&lt;/upnp:class&gt;&lt;upnp:genre&gt;Hörbuch&lt;/upnp:genre&gt;&lt;/container&gt;&lt;container id="1$6$F6" parentID="1$6" restricted="1" childCount="2"&gt;&lt;dc:title&gt;Christiane Öttl&lt;/dc:title&gt;&lt;upnp:class&gt;object.container.person.musicArtist&lt;/upnp:class&gt;&lt;upnp:genre&gt;Audio Book&lt;/upnp:genre&gt;&lt;/container&gt;&lt;container id="1$6$6" parentID="1$6" restricted="1" childCount="2"&gt;&lt;dc:title&gt;Christopher Columbus&lt;/dc:title&gt;&lt;upnp:class&gt;object.container.person.musicArtist&lt;/upnp:class&gt;&lt;/container&gt;&lt;container id="1$6$7" parentID="1$6" restricted="1" childCount="5"&gt;&lt;dc:title&gt;Chronologie der letzten Tage&lt;/dc:title&gt;&lt;upnp:class&gt;object.container.person.musicArtist&lt;/upnp:class&gt;&lt;upnp:genre&gt;Other&lt;/upnp:genre&gt;&lt;/container&gt;&lt;container id="1$6$5C" parentID="1$6" restricted="1" childCount="34"&gt;&lt;dc:title&gt;Cornelia Funke&lt;/dc:title&gt;&lt;upnp:class&gt;object.container.person.musicArtist&lt;/upnp:class&gt;&lt;upnp:genre&gt;Unknown&lt;/upnp:genre&gt;&lt;/container&gt;&lt;container id="1$6$5D" parentID="1$6" restricted="1" childCount="2"&gt;&lt;dc:title&gt;Cornrlia Funke&lt;/dc:title&gt;&lt;upnp:class&gt;object.container.person.musicArtist&lt;/upnp:class&gt;&lt;upnp:genre&gt;Unknown&lt;/upnp:genre&gt;&lt;/container&gt;&lt;container id="1$6$5F" parentID="1$6" restricted="1" childCount="6"&gt;&lt;dc:title&gt;Dalai Lama&lt;/dc:title&gt;&lt;upnp:class&gt;object.container.person.musicArtist&lt;/upnp:class&gt;&lt;upnp:genre&gt;Audio Book&lt;/upnp:genre&gt;&lt;/container&gt;&lt;container id="1$6$6C" parentID="1$6" restricted="1" childCount="16"&gt;&lt;dc:title&gt;Dan Brown&lt;/dc:title&gt;&lt;upnp:class&gt;object.container.person.musicArtist&lt;/upnp:class&gt;&lt;upnp:genre&gt;Speech&lt;/upnp:genre&gt;&lt;/container&gt;&lt;container id="1$6$8" parentID="1$6" restricted="1" childCount="7"&gt;&lt;dc:title&gt;Dark Trace - Spuren des Verbrechens&lt;/dc:title&gt;&lt;upnp:class&gt;object.container.person.musicArtist&lt;/upnp:class&gt;&lt;upnp:genre&gt;Speech&lt;/upnp:genre&gt;&lt;/container&gt;&lt;/DIDL-Lite&gt;
                </Result>
                <NumberReturned>10</NumberReturned>
                <TotalMatches>287</TotalMatches>
                <UpdateID>259</UpdateID>
            </u:BrowseResponse>
        </s:Body>
    </s:Envelope>

….were you can find: Brückner or Hörbuch
    Had the same Problem with mediatomb but can fix it the by setting the ISO. Is this possible by minidlna?

• Marco
    Marco
    2011-08-02

I'm talking about the charset.
    Like charset=iso-8859-1

• Marco
    Marco
    2011-08-02

Back at home.
    Found this lines in Mediatomb i had to set before meditomb can correct read my files:
        <filesystem-charset>ISO-8859-1</filesystem-charset>
        <metadata-charset>ISO-8859-1</metadata-charset>
        <playlist-charset>ISO-8859-1</playlist-charset>

Any idears?
    kind Regards

• Marco
    Marco
    2012-08-02

*PUSH*
    After one year living with mediatomb i try again the minidlna.
    The new version shows now the korrect debug output and the application (i.e. 8Player) didn't crash.
    But still foulder ore files with ä/ö/ü and so on woulden't be shown in Media-Browser. (Only an Icon)
    After many testing I thing the reason ist the filesystem charset.
    On Mediatomb I've to set only this:
    <filesystem-charset>ISO-8859-1</filesystem-charset>
    and it works.
    Isn't it posible to to build a testversion of minidlna witch handle the filesystem in ISO-8859-1?
    So I ready to test it. :)
    Minidlna is more easy to use and supports more devices like xbox then mediatomb. So please can anybody help me out?
    Thx and Kind Regards
    Marco