Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Unslung NSLU2 Issue

Help
Gavin Dent
2009-11-08
2013-05-29
  • Gavin Dent
    Gavin Dent
    2009-11-08

I recently installed the ipkg package on my unslung NSLU2 (v6.10) but i keep getting the same error when starting minidlna.

For each entry in my conf file I get a `Media Directory Not Accessibe! ` error message regardless of what I set the media directory to. I have modified the  permissions tried alternative directories including where my conf file resided which it can obviously access but still no success.

I installed it so I could finally get something to work on my Sony TV and the TV picks up the server but when browsing no media is found.

Has anybody else seen this and been able to get around it or know of any alternative setup using an NSLU2 that will work with Sony Bravia TV's?

• Stedy
    Stedy
    2009-11-08

Have you tried to change the owner and user for the directories to the same as minidlna run under?
    I had the same problem whit directories made by root on my ubuntu server.. changed owner and group to my user, then it works.

• Gavin Dent
    Gavin Dent
    2009-11-08

I was logged in as root when i started minidlna and still got nowhere.
    One of the folders i turned to after a few times of trying was the directory where the conf file was which minidlna can definitely see - but it still gave the same error about not being able to access it.

• Justin Maggard
    Justin Maggard
    2009-11-08

Are you able to build your own package?  I think the ipkg is an old version on minidlna that had some problems with uClibc.