Help
Mars
2012-07-28
2013-05-29
  • Mars
    Mars
    2012-07-28

Hi,
    I have a problem with minidlna. When I'm watching a movie, the minidlna server disappears, from list in my TV after about 25min. Then I must turn off and on my TV and the minidlna server appear, but after next 25 min (more or less) disappear again.
    I'm using minidlna v1.0.25 on Debian 6.0.5 wired connection to TV Samsung UE37ES5500. I configured firewall to open port 8200. 

• I have the exact same problem. If I set the refresh interval real low, I can even see minidlna appearing and dissapearing from my samsung BD player's screen.

I'm also using Debian (linux mint debian edition).

It used to work fine until this week when I changed PCs. I'm thinking there might be some capability that the old one had but that the new one does not.

If you find anything, please, please report back.

• Quintus
    Quintus
    2012-09-27

I had the same problem with a Philps tv (32PFL5007H). With minidlna (as well as with mediatomb) the connection was lost after 30 minutes.
    I found that the problem can be resolved by changing the parameter "notify_interval" in the minidlna config file.
    It appeared that the tv loses contact with the dlna server after twice the number of seconds set for notify_interval (I tested several values).
    After setting "notify_interval=90000" the problem did never re-occur.