AlbumArt regular expression

Gandalf
2011-11-20
2013-05-29
  • Gandalf
    Gandalf
    2011-11-20

I downloaded some album art images and Microsoft tools tend to add GUIDs to the album images. I extended minidlna to add regular expressions to the album art configuration and match the names case insensitive.
    Anybody interested in the sources?

• Justin Maggard
    Justin Maggard
    2011-11-21

We already have a way to handle the MS album art naming convention.  Just add * to the end (so something like "AlbumArt_{*" should do the trick).  Does your patch have any additional library requirements?  I thought about adding regex support using libpcre at one point, but wanted to avoid the additional library dependency.

• sam bul
    sam bul
    2012-08-18

Can this approach be used to add separate jpg album art file for each movie, when they all are placed in the same folder? Will minidlna associate each jpg file with the correct movie with matching file name?

If not, can someone suggest the approach to matching jpg naming to avoid placing each movie or serial episode to a separate folder?

• sam bul
    sam bul
    2012-08-18

Sorry, I found minidlna already supports multiple video and jpg files with matching names for each pair in a single folder. The required format is (where <file> is video file name):

<file>.cover.jpg
    <file>.jpg