subtitles support for LG LE7500 TV

2011-08-31
2013-05-29
  • Jakub Kahovec
    Jakub Kahovec
    2011-08-31

Hello, I'd like to ask if it'd be possible to add support for subtitles on LG LE7500 TVs. In the changelog I saw that MiniDLNA supports subtitles on LG TVs but it's not the case for LE7500.

Thank you

Jakub

• Justin Maggard
    Justin Maggard
    2011-08-31

What format are your subtitles in?  Only .srt is supported by minidlna.

• Jakub Kahovec
    Jakub Kahovec
    2011-09-01

I've tried all possible formats (including .srt) but no luck.  I also tried other DLNA servers but the only one which the TV was able to display subtitles from was Nero MediaHome.

• Justin Maggard
    Justin Maggard
    2011-09-02

If you can get a Wireshark capture of both Nero and MiniDLNA trying to serve subtitles to the TV, that might help.  I've also heard of people who had some files working with subtitles, but other files not working.  I wonder if your case is the same.  What's the video file type?

• Arion
    Arion
    2012-06-08

Any news on this issue? I own a LE7500 as well and currently I watch movies with .srt subtitles using a DLNA server called Serviio; it works pretty well. As I'm planning to build a HTPC with Linux (Ubuntu server, probably), I'm really interested in knowing if minidlna is able to display .srt subtitles on my LG TV.

• Jakub Kahovec
    Jakub Kahovec
    2012-06-08

This issue has been fixed in MiniDLNA 1.0.24, it works great now.

• Arion
    Arion
    2012-06-08

Thanks! In fact, it worked pretty well on Ubuntu 12.04 and on Snake-os (though on Snake-os I had to put a dot in file name as the available version is 1.0.22, i.e. the one with this bug).