Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

MiniDlna & Sony Bravia KDL TV sets ?

Sergey
2011-08-07
2014-04-22
  • Sergey
    Sergey
    2011-08-07

And how affairs at minidlna with support of TV sets of the company of the Sony, one of developers of standard DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) are?
    There is a version compiled for NMT (Network Media Tank) Popcorn Hour C-200  ( It is the version for NMT here
    ), but this version in any way doesn't want to work with Sony Bravia KDL TV sets.
    Can at whom there are what ideas in the given occasion?
    I want to look all media content directly with C-200 by means of MiniDlna.

• Mirrakor
    Mirrakor
    2011-10-07

Hi there,
    I'm using miniDLNA with a Sony Bravia KDL 32EX717 and miniDLNA works great, you should notice though, that the dlna-supported formats by the sony tv are VERY limited … (I think JPEG, MP3, MPEG2 and that's about it, but you'd have to look it up in the manual). So maybe miniDLNA is working, but your TV doesn't support the formats.

Regards,
    Mirrakor

• Hrishikesh
      Hrishikesh
      2014-04-22

Hi Mirrakor,

I purchased a sony 32w700b TV and I want to connect it with my Lenovo E430 Laptop to share the content on DLNA like music, video and audio, I have installed the minidlna in Ubuntu 12.04. But I am unable to get my laptop content on TV.

Please share some idea, how do I achieve this. And any other options to connect my above laptop with above TV in Ubuntu 12.04

Regards,
      Hrishikesh

• Craig Chambers
    Craig Chambers
    2011-10-11

Also supported are PCM audio (i.e. wav files) and AVCHD (m2ts with h264 video and ac3 audio)

• Erik Johnson
    Erik Johnson
    2011-11-28

The above works great for me, except for that there is no audio. I have ensured that lame is installed. I also converted a snippet and was able to play it back on the computer doing the encoding with no problems.

Any ideas?

• Erik Johnson
    Erik Johnson
    2011-11-28

Ahh, nevermind. I was able to get it to work by switching audio to lavc instead of lame. Weird.

• @joost69 - how do i compile minidlna with the patch in ubuntu?

• Craig Chambers
    Craig Chambers
    2012-02-16

Assuming that you can already compile minidlna in Ubuntu…

Test it…

> patch -dry-run -p1 < {/path/to/patch/file}

If all is well, run it for real…

> patch -dry-run -p1 < {/path/to/patch/file}

> make clean
    > make
    > make install

/Craig

• Craig Chambers
    Craig Chambers
    2012-02-16

D'oh! - the second command there should be:

> patch -p1 < {/path/to/patch/file}

• Stuart Leech
    Stuart Leech
    2012-10-23

Any pointers on how to install the transcoding patch on openmediavault?